Boyfriend is too attached to his family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend is too attached to his family

Some people are too attached with their families that sometimes they fail to take care of the other things that they have including their lovers. Now, what would you do if you have a similar kind of boyfriend, where the attention that he has been giving you is already lacking?

Well, there are people who are like that and sometimes I could not blame them. It could be that he loves his family so much that he spends a lot of time attending the needs of his family. I think that there is nothing wrong with that one as long as he does not skip his other responsibilities and obligations.

Comment

• anxiousme
      anxiousme commented
      Editing a comment
      Family is important, so if that were me, it won't be much of a big deal anyway. I have family events that I'll be attending too, it's not always about us right? We still have family and friends to be with.

• imahappyclown
      imahappyclown commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes it's better to keep things on schedule or if you can manage to bring your boyfriend or girlfriend with you in those family occasions then I guess it's okay but not all the times you should bring them with you. And not all the times you should be available for you family, make some time for yourself or even for your significant other.

Maybe he's not the right one for me, it's better for us to go on our separate ways and I'll find someone who can spend some time with me too, or at least wants to invite me during family events. Why not? I mean, I'm his girlfriend right?

Comment

• issues98
      issues98 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are certain family events that a girlfriend or boyfriend is not necessary to be there it's a family event. What kind of a girlfriend are you? You're so demanding to think that you must always be wherever he is.

• guana
      guana commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you not understand your boyfriend for the issues that he has? Maybe he needs some little time to just take something.

There are people who take care of their family because they need to. It is like they were tasked to somehow fix it if they have some problems. It is not that they would have it for a long time.

Comment

• Masterbabe
      Masterbabe commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe, for a short period of time, then I would be able to understand it. As long as he would not take too long in fixing what he needed to fix.

• smokinghot66
      smokinghot66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, I would accept it if it would be for a short period of time. He could not have it for eternity. I would have to leave him if he takes a long time to fix whatever he needs to fix.

I won't mind it if he's still attached to his family. After all, family comes first before anything else. Also, being attached to your own family says a lot. It actually means that when he has his own family in the future, he will have great love for them.

Comment

• lovebug42
      lovebug42 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a good correlation and it could be true. He could be able to take care of his own family with great care and love.

• potatome
      potatome commented
      Editing a comment
      That is to say that he cares for his family. You must be lucky that you have that kind of a boyfriend. Other men would simply not mind their family.

• Nica55
      Nica55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here, we could see that the man has a sense of responsibility in the sense that he values his own family.

If a man is already too attached to his family that he already could not face his other tasks, then it is time to talk to him first. It could be that he is not aware of his actions. Someone must remind him that he also needs to take care the other stuffs on his life.

Comment

• blizzss
      blizzss commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good suggestion. Yes, a talk must be held first. You are right that he must be too focused on his family tasks that he is not aware that he has forgotten those other tasks that he also needs to attend to.

• stickyyhen
      stickyyhen commented
      Editing a comment
      When we get too focused on a certain thing, we tend to ignore the other things that we also need to do. That is actually too common.

If I have a boyfriend who is just like that, I think I will give an advice to him regarding prioritizing things. I will tell him that there are other things that needs to be taken care of aside from his family. I will also tell him that he should practice time management.

Comment

• lie11
      lie11 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's it. Time management is a must. When he does that one, he would be able to manage all of the tasks that he needs to do.

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      You are a nice girlfriend. While most women had already dumped their busy boyfriends, there you are who know how to tackle things.

When he could no longer take care of other things, then it is also the time to let him go. By letting him go, he could realize that he has been too focused on his family. He could change his ways to look for those other tasks as well.

Comment

• perfectionist
      perfectionist commented
      Editing a comment
      What if after doing that one, he would go into depression? He already have problems then you would leave him so that could make him sad and depression could kick in.

• pms60
      pms60 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a possibility. He could realize that he had focused on his family to the detriment of other people and things on his life.

That is a kind of man who do not know how to juggle among things. If he does not know how to, then I could say that he is a weak man. I do not want to be with a weak man, so I guess that I would have to let him go.

Comment

• Bang56
      Bang56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people aren't good in multi-tasking or even trying to fit their schedule that's why they'd alway prioritize things such as family events. Family is important and above anything else. That's how I was raised too as well, I'm a family-oriented kind of guy myself.

• financialcowbird
      financialcowbird commented
      Editing a comment
      If he cannot juggle his responsibilities then why did he had me to be in a relationship with him? He should be the one making adjustments and not me. Such a complete waste of time if he doesn't get to spend a few with me, I would consider dumping him as well.

A guy like that is the so called baby boy or mama's boy. I think a guy like that needs some counselling regarding the attachment that he has with his family. He might need to hear some lectures regarding how his world shouldn't just revolve around his family.

Comment

• Jane12
      Jane12 commented
      Editing a comment
      You sound a bit harsh, maybe he's just family-oriented and cannot seem to miss any family occasions and I know that some people are like that. Yes, depends on their culture or family traditions and I cannot judge that if my partner will ever be too attached to his family. I'm sure there will be a time that he is going to spend some quality time with me.

• koshercassanova
      koshercassanova commented
      Editing a comment
      brooksbrioche He just can't say no to his family if they're having some sort of gathering or something but as long as he isn't cheating his girlfriend then she shouldn't be acting so dramatic about it. You cannot let your partner choose between you and family, that is just wrong.

I'll understand if his attention for me is insufficient because it's his family anyway. I can't compete with them and as the saying goes, family comes first. Also, as long as he's not cheating on me, I'll be okay with a boyfriend who is too attached to his family.

Comment

• vixenvicky
      vixenvicky commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! Just as long as he really is with his family then I'd be cool about that. sooner or later he will make it up to me and he'll be surprising me with continuous dates like how we used to.

• boringyou
      boringyou commented
      Editing a comment
      Even if he doesn't call or text you within a day? Are yous till going to be okay with that? I don't think so. Well, if I ever encounter a guy like that, I think I will tell him to be a man and start to set his priorities straight.

If my boyfriend has been like that for some time already, I do think that it's time to have a sit-down talk with him. I'll explain to him the consequences of his actions and I'll tell him to reevaluate what he's doing. He should also know that there are other factors in his life aside from his family.

Comment

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      and why would he even get into a relationship if he cannot balance everything, right? It's best if you two would talks thing out and see how things will go for the relationship between you and being with his family.

I won't be a bitch and let him choose between his family and me. But I will tell him that his time and attention should be equally divided and not just centered into one.

Comment

• wittyou
      wittyou commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, he should know how to divide his time and attention. He should be able to balance those well so that he won't be in such trouble when it comes to dealing with responsibilities.

Maybe that boy is gay? Not to be judgmental but grown up men are not supposed to b too attached to their families especially when they already have a partner.

Comment

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      You assumed that he is gay just because he is too busy with his family and not with her? Oh come on, that's bullshit! It's obvious that he's just no longer interested with his girlfriend but it doesn't mean that he is gay but maybe he thinks that family will always be important to him than spending his time with his girlfriend.
Working...
X