Can you keep a secret?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you keep a secret?

Someone I know confessed that she has a crush on a professor which coincidentally was my ex. She asked me if I know about the personality of the guy because she is planning to confess. She told me to keep it a secret for the mean time. Should I tell her that the professor was my ex or should I keep quiet about it? I am torn. What would you do if you were in my shoe?

I don't see the big deal in your situation. Whether you say it or not, it will be okay. The professor was your ex anyway, meaning, he is already a person from the past and the connection between the two of you is also left in the past already.

Comment

• smokinghot66
      smokinghot66 commented
      Editing a comment
      But I think it's important to let her know that the professor is an ex of her. It would make her think twice if she should continue pursuing that man. Well, as you say, it's all in the past so why is there a need for her to know who is willing to pursue her ex?

• superego
      superego commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Why keep it from her? She should know so that there is an idea that you and your ex-lover were once a couple.

• FantasticLil
      FantasticLil commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not a big deal at all. There is no need to make it big. He was your past and he could be her future. I do not see any issue in there.

Wait what? You had an affair with a professor? I bet you were his student back then huh? Anyway, I do think that you should tell her. In that way, she'll be aware of the personality of the guy so that she'll think twice if she will still confess or not anymore.

Comment

• TastySanta
      TastySanta commented
      Editing a comment
      Professor-student relationships is not allowed. It could not be that she was a student at that time. The professor would not risk his career, for sure.

• Readeronic
      Readeronic commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she should tell her, I mean why would she even keep it a secret that she has been an ex of that professor? But I think that if she tells her that, maybe she's planning to get back with him again and would not let her have him.

Why do you need to keep quiet? Sooner or later, she would gonna know that you and the professor were lovers. It is better to tell her that he was your ex-boyfriend so that she would be aware of it.

Comment

• AngstAngels
      AngstAngels commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I think that it is best to confess that you were an ex-lover of the person whom she likes to have.

• lie11
      lie11 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she will slowly back away and think that it might be inappropriate for her to like your ex just like that. You should see how she could react knowing about that revelation of yours.

• issues98
      issues98 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that we must be open the first time around. The truth must be bared out to her as she also needed to know about it.

You could answer all her queries as you definitely know the answers. There is no need for you to state and admit that the professor was your ex-lover as she did not ask for it.

Comment

• perfectionist
      perfectionist commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, because if you tell her that the person whom she likes to have was your ex-lover, then she might be shocked and feel ashamed that she asked you something.

• AirBobo
      AirBobo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, she did not ask for it because she has no idea that she and the man she likes were past lovers.

Why would she confess? Why doesn't she wait for your ex-boyfriend to confess to her? She might confess too early just to get rejected in the end.

Comment

• Masterbabe
      Masterbabe commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, that's what she gets if she wants something to happen real quick! The rejection will slap her in the fact that the professor do not actually have feelings for her.

• morningglory
      morningglory commented
      Editing a comment
      There's no need for her to confess first if she ever finds out the truth behind her best friend that he is her ex-boyfriend. That's kind of awkward, I would not want to hit on my best friend's exes.

Since you already know her secret, then I guess that you should keep it as a secret. She trusted you with the information, so you should keep it to yourself. No need to tell it to other people.

Comment

• janeDaLioness
      janeDaLioness commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, as a good person, you should keep it as a secret. When something was entrusted to you, you should have the diligence to keep it as one.

• lilpup
      lilpup commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretend like you didn't care but keep that secret to yourself. Yes, that would be for the better and also, that man is already her ex so, why would she even care about it anyway?

Well, you could tell it to your ex-boyfriend. In that way, he would have an idea that someone likes him. He would not be surprised anymore when the girl confesses to him.

Comment

• strongwilled
      strongwilled commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that would be okay since they're exes and in good terms, it's good that they keep an eye out for each other like things are still going well for both of them.

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      But, if you do that one, it is like you are invading her privacy. Actually, it is not like anymore as it was already an invasion of privacy.

Why would you need to keep it as a secret? Ah! Could it be that you were just a student at that time and you were just protecting his reputation? You know that a professor-student relationship is an offense.

Comment

• dixieNormous
      dixieNormous commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm glad that I resist the temptation hitting up on my hot professor but then again I kept that in mind that it is not okay to be in a professor-student relationship.

• backrubsss
      backrubsss commented
      Editing a comment
      That is not a good thing, either one of you has to leave the premises of the school for you two to be able to date or just find a new person to date. I think it might be rare if a student falls for their professor or either of them.

Are you sure lovebug42 that the professor was your EX? Maybe you're just assuming things that you two became an actual thing. Anyway, you should tell your friend, best friend or that someone you know that you used to date him. Watch as her face shifts in a different mood and she will tell you that she is now embarrassed that she has told you about that confession of her. Yep, she'll bee really embarrassed.

Comment

• imperfectme
      imperfectme commented
      Editing a comment
      She'd be damn embarrassed knowing that the guy was actually her ex and she even had the guts to tell her that he likes him. Wow!

• veggieperker
      veggieperker commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I do believe that the professor was her ex, but then again that girl must have not confessed to her or to anyone at all that she has a crush on that professor. It's just a crush, right? So there would be no chance for them to be together so why bother anyway?

Why is she asking you those things? She could go directly with your ex-boyfriend and be friends with him. In that way, she would be able to know who the man is in the direct and first-hand way.

Comment

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she should do that, yes, she should come up to him and confess her feelings. Rejected or not, she must not take this too personal, right? Either way, she should not even confess to him that she has feelings for him, how can be so sure that he has feelings for her too, right?

• Caila99
      Caila99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would she go to him directly? She must have a clue that she is her ex already and is pretending to have a crush on her, she's just trying to see what reaction she might see from her.

Hey lovebug42, I think it's best if you'd keep quiet for a while. Let her do her thing if she wants to confess to him about it, she'll be in a surprise if she might get rejected or whatever. But anyway, let them be.

Comment

• routinetine
      routinetine commented
      Editing a comment
      Right, let her do her thing and do not ruin this thing for her. Do not be tempted to tell your ex that there's a woman that's having a major crush on her.
Working...
X