Calling me baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling me baby

Well, what would you do and how are you going to react if someone who works in your company calls you "darling" whenever you see each other in the workplace. Nope, you do not know his name, either. Nope, you do not call him darling on those moments that you bump on each other.

Nothing. I would not react at all. After all, we do not know each other. It could be that he calls all people whom he does not know their names as "darling". That is a generic word that he uses for those people.

Comment

• janeDaLioness
      janeDaLioness commented
      Editing a comment
      This is possible. I had known someone who was called "sweetie" all the time. Later on, she learned that the guy forgot her name and was ashamed to ask her again, so he just called her "sweetie" all those times.

• alottavagina
      alottavagina commented
      Editing a comment
      janeDaLioness people who starts calling you with endearments mean that they've forgotten your real name and not all the times that they are actually sweet to you. Keep that in mind, folks!

• loveME
      loveME commented
      Editing a comment
      Me, too. I would just ignore whatever he calls me. After all, we do not know each other. And I guess that interactions are not that frequent.

Well, I would think that we could be testing on flirting with me. Maybe, he wanted to know if I would give in so easily. On his part, he could be waiting if I respond back with the same word for him.

Comment

• LoveHoney
      LoveHoney commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a possibility. Anyway, would you flirt back, then? Would you call him with some endearment words, too?

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      If that was a test, then he made a somewhat strange and wrong test. Why would someone just call me "darling"?

Is darling synonymous to baby now? Or did you just interpret it in that way? Does he also flirt with you whenever you see each other?

Comment

• Masterbabe
      Masterbabe commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes when a guy calls you Darling, it is just an endearment with no hidden meaning to it. I'd accept hose kind of endearment but it should be not said out loud inside the workplace.

• imperfectme
      imperfectme commented
      Editing a comment
      If he flirts with her after he calls her darling then you know that there's something going on between them. Anyway, if she likes him then she should tell him but they should be on the low since they both started in the workplace so that there wouldn't be many issues.

I think that the man calls everyone "darling". You should ask the other people if he calls them darling, too. If he does, then you would not need to think of anything else anymore.

Comment

• strongwilled
      strongwilled commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do we think very much alike? I think that the man calls everyone darling as an endearment for the ladies and for the guys? Well, just for the laughs, lol.

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      So what if a man calls me darling? My guy friend calls me sweet cheeks, and my coworker calls me babe. Ah, those simple endearments could mean nothing to me, I know each of their names but those endearments were never a dull thing to call other people.

Why not try to call him "darling" and see his reaction over it? If he likes it, then it would be that he likes you. If he was non-reactive, then it was just his normal way of calling other people.

Comment

• morningglory
      morningglory commented
      Editing a comment
      I had that same thinking too, he's one of those people who love to call other people using endearments. Why is it so wrong? It sounds nice though, it might brighten up someone's day.

• mitchyLL
      mitchyLL commented
      Editing a comment
      Either way, if she's going to call him darling, he'd be happy even if it's all for a joke. Of course, he just calls her that thinking that it might make her happy too.

I would ask him: "Darling? Since when did I become your darling? I could not remember when. Could you refresh my mind?"

Comment

• TastySanta
      TastySanta commented
      Editing a comment
      And what could be good answers for those questions? Well, if he is quick in having his answers, then that would impressed me.

• dixieNormous
      dixieNormous commented
      Editing a comment
      He wants to call you darling but not turn you into his actual darling. He just likes to add some fun in the workplace so I suggest that you should play along with him.

Since you do not know him, why don't you introduce your name to him? That would already be the chance for you to know his name. You could be friends after the introduction.

Comment

• lie11
      lie11 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that would be better, at some point, you might get tired of him calling you that, but it's his pass coz he does not really know your name. About time too, you should get to know him and see if he really does that to other of your coworkers, not only you.

• Caila99
      Caila99 commented
      Editing a comment
      He should be the one asking for my name first, not me. Ugh, why would I have the audacity to ask for his name? He started calling me darling, and I think it's better that way, but whatever happens, I won't call him darling.

Why not reciprocate and call him darling, too? I bet he would be shocked with that one.

Comment

• Readeronic
      Readeronic commented
      Editing a comment
      And then they both started calling each other darling inside the workplace. People might be wondering if there's actually a thing between them or maybe just for fun, keep them guessing.

• issues98
      issues98 commented
      Editing a comment
      He would be shocked when he meant nothing with this endearment word that he was using. But he would be happy if he likes her.

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      Either he would be shocked or he would take it as a sign that she likes him, too.

If a woman starts calling me darling in my workplace, I'd be surprised. It is given that she does not know my name but why would she even call me that? Is she flirting with me, I assume?

Comment

• smokinghot66
      smokinghot66 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I had known some people who call other people as darling. Those people did not mean anything.

• routinetine
      routinetine commented
      Editing a comment
      lilpup I'd be surprised too, but if she does that to you then she might have a crush on you already. But do not be too obvious that you have known it already. Play it cool.

• BeautifulAngels
      BeautifulAngels commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, come on lilpup I know that you may not be used to being called by girls with endearments but somehow you might've felt good and appreciated because of it, right? Lol.

If my coworker starts calling me that then we'd call each other darling, why'd you think that would be an issue? I'd say that he started all of this and I'm just playing along thinking that it would be fun.

Comment

• veggieperker
      veggieperker commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice! They'd believe you anyway, plus, he's just playing around calling anyone darling in your office. Best that some newbies do not flatter themselves into thinking he's into them for just calling them darling.

• financialcowbird
      financialcowbird commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that all of your other coworkers there would even take him seriously. It's obvious that he's their Mr. Congeniality, so you better befriend him so you'd get to know his name as well.

I can just simply ignore him. He should know my name but since I do not know his name as well, I should ignore him. Darling is not a good compliment or endearment for me so, no thanks!

Comment

• biglifter
      biglifter commented
      Editing a comment
      Good, just ignore him and he has been calling your other workmates the same thing too. If you started calling him that too, he would be flattered but if you chose to ignore him, he will ever bother you again.

I have never once called a woman baby.' It feels cheap and immature. You should be able to hold another person's attention and affection without calling them a generic term for infant.

Comment

Working...
    X