Dumbest Reason To Propose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest Reason To Propose?

You've read the title of the topic, so what do you think are some of them? The first thing that popped in my head is proposing to a girl just because she's pregnant.

They might be thinking that since they've been together for a long time, maybe it is time for them to "seal the deal" so to speak.

Comment

• wittyou
      wittyou commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe those ones who are childhood sweethearts would think that's it time for them to marry for staying too long.

• anitabanger
      anitabanger commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah and trying to move on to the next stage.

I think this should be answered by the men here since it is seldom that ladies are the ones who's going to propose.

Comment

• innocentgirl
      innocentgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure they answered, the only thing to see if what they told to us is based on their experience lol.

• shizzlygizzly
      shizzlygizzly commented
      Editing a comment
      We won't know about that, lol. Or they're answers can be based on witnessing the people around them.

What you've mentioned is the first thing that has popped in my mind and if you're an impulsive person it would doing it a spur of the moment thing.

Comment

• routinetine
      routinetine commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe this are the type of person who is easily rejected by their partner.

I don't know if it happened to someone already. It only came out in my mind which is a fortune teller predicting that she's going to be your wife/husband then you propose.

Comment

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      What if the partner rejects his/her proposal? I think they will blame the fortune teller for it and I'm not sure if fortune teller actually predicts who is going to be our wife/husband. I have no idea if they make those sorts of predictions.

• imagination
      imagination commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you the type who goes to a fortune teller from time to time?

• Gotchya
      Gotchya commented
      Editing a comment
      imagination I tried it once but never came back again, I just don't think that someone truly knows about what will happen in the future.

I think that dixieNormous is right about that it doing it might be an impulsive decision.

Comment

• babycakez23
      babycakez23 commented
      Editing a comment
      PerkyJerky nothing like that so far, and lucky me cause I'm not the one who wants to settle down immediately.

• PerkyJerky
      PerkyJerky commented
      Editing a comment
      What if you'll meet a guy like this, proposing out of the blue and you are so into him, will you say yes?

• babycakez23
      babycakez23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly don't know the answer to this but if I am totally in love with this person, then I'll say yes.

I think that the example you've told us is something that our parents might have done before.

Comment

• snoogywookie
      snoogywookie commented
      Editing a comment
      biglifter yes, I know some people blizzss yes, somewhat they don't want people to know about it.

• biglifter
      biglifter commented
      Editing a comment
      snoogywookie does those older people have good relationship with their partner? even though they tie knots because through this matter.

• snoogywookie
      snoogywookie commented
      Editing a comment
      biglifter I can't really say that they have a good relationship but most of them are still together.

Because they wanted to make sure that the girl that they're seeing at the time will not leave them since they feel that they hit the jackpot with her.

Comment

• Caila99
      Caila99 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you said hit the jackpot I was thinking more that the girl and her family are rich.

• Trystingbish
      Trystingbish commented
      Editing a comment
      Caila99 that's possible also there is a chance that the person is really good looking that's why they are thinking that they hit the jackpot with the person.

Some get afraid that they will lose their partner if they won't propose early that's why they plan to commit asap.

Comment

• vixenvicky
      vixenvicky commented
      Editing a comment
      So they're thinking that proposing is the sure fire way to make seal the deal with the girl?

• xXtinaGelo
      xXtinaGelo commented
      Editing a comment
      dandeliontoes yes, but they're being one sided, not considering their partners feeling vixenvicky I guess so.

• Bang56
      Bang56 commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend is 3 month in relationship and he proposed to her girlfriend because he plans to marry her after a month of proposing. They are a short term couple but I think they already know each other since teens.

There are times that I think it's an awful decision if your parents keep on pressuring you to marry the girl without having a second thought.

Comment

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      I also hate it if both are you are being forced to marry someone cos of family arrangements.

• d1ckhandl3r
      d1ckhandl3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know someone or are your parents trying to pressure you to dating or marry a certain girl that they like for you?

It is because that you've been together for a couple of years already. Yes, that can be a valid one for some. But I think the both of them needs to be sure that the person that they're with is the one that they really want to settle down with.

Comment

• alottavagina
      alottavagina commented
      Editing a comment
      So you don't believe that proposing to a woman because you've been together for more than five years is not a good enough reason?

• AglowNum
      AglowNum commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it depends on their situation if they are both in good terms and conditions to settle down already.

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      alottavagina yes, I do believe that it is not enough reason there are a lot of things that needs to be considered.

Actually a few cousins of mine were forced to propose to their girlfriends since they got them pregnant and actually broke of the engagement a few months after their child was born.

Comment

• goodmanners
      goodmanners commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they are all scared when they saw the newborn baby. What was their reason why they broke off the engagement?

• stevemcdream
      stevemcdream commented
      Editing a comment
      goodmanners they always have fights or quarrels with their partners and yes, they're probably intimidated by the responsibility of raising a child.

• lie11
      lie11 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the reason why I don't want to get pregnant. I feel bad for the child.

If you're the only unmarried guy left in the group and you want to have kids soon so you will become one of them.

Comment

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is this something that you're starting to feel at the moment or you just heard from other people?

• veggieperker
      veggieperker commented
      Editing a comment
      loss77 I just heard it from other people. Luckily, I haven't feel this way as I still have a couple of friends who are still single.

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      veggieperker oh really? that's good then.

If the guy proposes because the girl is hot. I think I need to remind guys out here that Sex appeal is not forever.

Comment

• fanghang
      fanghang commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that they would do the proposal on the spot. They might be in a relationship and the guy wanted to be with that reason for the rest of their lives.

• funfun88
      funfun88 commented
      Editing a comment
      It will be a very bad idea since it revolves around lust and not love.

I don't know if it's considered to be dumb since I know a couple of guys who married a girl because she is rich and he is after a green card.

Comment

• clssc
      clssc commented
      Editing a comment
      heartheart Very lucky, lol. but you know I really hope that I get a man who is kinda rich too. hahahahah

• heartheart
      heartheart commented
      Editing a comment
      clssc What if you have a sugar parent and he will ask you to marry him? It is kinda rich of course.

• clssc
      clssc commented
      Editing a comment
      heartheart If his family won't be a hindrance I would do it.
Working...
X