No announcement yet.

Going on a first date and I need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going on a first date and I need help!

I'm going on a date with a guy that I met on here. He's a lot older than me and I don't want to sound stupid or embarass myself and I'm looking for some advice. I've already got a dress that I'm wearing but I just need some help to figure out what we should talk about. We've only chatted on here a few times and I'm worried that I've used up all my best stories and when we actually meet up I'll have nothing to say and he won't want to see me again. It's freaking me out

No idea

Comment

Wow that's really great advice. Thanks

Comment

My go to topic for first dates is travel. Ask them where they've been, what's the best place they've ever traveled to, what was the worst trip they had, stuff like that. Everyone's traveled somewhere and had bad and good experiences. If he's never been anywhere then that's still a good conversation opener. Also don't interrogate him. You shouldn't just ask him a bunch of questions and then expect answers. It's not a job interview. If you're going to ask him about travel then make sure to be smart about it. If you ask him what the best place he's travelled to is, then ask him follow up questions. You should also alternate between comments and questions to break it up. If you're looking for another topic you can also ask him what he does for fun. It's also a good way to get date ideas. If he says that he likes rock climbing you can suggest going one time. There's two ways how to respond to this request. Either you can pretend to be helpless and say that you've done it before and he will want to help you out. Or you can say that you're awesome at rock climbing and he'll challenge you to a competition. A little competition is good

Comment

The only bad first date that I had was a girl who went 20 minutes talking about the leak in her apartment's ceiling. Was the most boring conversation I've ever had so as long as you avoid that you should be good

Comment

I always try to bring my personality into it. I think the generic questions thing is boring. If you guys are compatible then the conversation will just flow naturally and you won't even worry about not having anything to say. There are some neutral topics that you can talk about like your jobs or your pets (if you have any) but that can be kinda boring. You might want to think about looking about some conversation starters online to help you out if you're nvervous. But I think people put too much pressure on what to say on a first date. You probably won't even remember what you actually talked about but how you felt about it. Just don't say anything offensive and you'll be fine. But that's just me. You might consider checking out what some of the guys on here have to say about this. I'm sure they've got some opinions. Any guys wanna chime in?

Comment

I'm an older guy and to be going out with a younger woman is exillerating by itself. Seriously, have fun, laugh, flirt a little. All be good.

Comment

Just keep it natural because if you keep on thinking about topics that would let both of you interested the tendency is it might look that you're trying so hard. He is older so I think he have more things to say and just go with the flow. And the best thing is be yourself.

Comment

I agree with Gotchya, if the guy is decent at all and older as you say he'll sense that you'll be a bit nervous and bring the conversation to the table.
                  Keep chilled and sexy, be yourself. Repeating a story isn't bad, just put more details into it.

Comment

Working...
                  X