Caught Off Guard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught Off Guard

When somebody asks you out, are you the type who would ask the person if it would just be a hang or an actual date? Went out with a couple of guys before without knowing that it was a romantic date and not just going out with a friend

If the guy got everything planned for that day, there's a huge possibility that he thinks that is a proper date. But if it's just having a couple of drinks at bar or club, that might be just a friendly date. That's just based on my personal experience

Comment

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it correctly. That is what I also know. But I prefer to be taken to the bars where there are also other men to be seen around. lol.

• PieDish
      PieDish commented
      Editing a comment
      And just be surprised that he suddenly makes a move? I don't like that kind of surprises.

• ingotjubilant
      ingotjubilant commented
      Editing a comment
      I like men to go and plan for a proper date. I think that those men are responsible enough to know what they are doing.

The only time I would ask him whether it is a date-date and not just a friendly one is when I have the sense that we're both into each other

Comment

• dixieNormous
      dixieNormous commented
      Editing a comment
      And how many times have you actually asked that question?

• Teamnessa
      Teamnessa commented
      Editing a comment
      Ever got your senses wrong? Or is it a sure thing?

• fuckashuck
      fuckashuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, some people are not as sharp as you. This is so hard sometimes.

The place that you would see each other determines the kind of a date. If it would be a fancy restaurant where lovers often meet then that would be a romantic date. If he would take you to a regular bar then that would be a hangout.

Comment

• chipsitaly
      chipsitaly commented
      Editing a comment
      Some romantic dates on a fancy dinner I arranged before was nice halfway and became a business networking for the rest. Really pissed me off.

• imahappyclown
      imahappyclown commented
      Editing a comment
      This is not true. You can't justify it like this.

If they are my male friends, for sure that would be a hangout. Those would never date me; I am sure of that. But if a new friend would ask me out, I would have to think twice and would ask him if only the two of us would go out. If only the two of us, then I would presume that it would be a date.

Comment

• biglifter
      biglifter commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a chance that one of your male friends were actually into you but wasn't brave enough to ask you out

• xXtinaGelo
      xXtinaGelo commented
      Editing a comment
      Asking straight out might help you out later. Leaving it in assumption can really be uncomfortable for you.

I remember this man from years ago when we were in senior high school. He asked me to go out. I was a bit excited so I got one of my most impressive dresses. I did not ask where he would take me. On the day of the go out, he dropped by to my house to fetch me. We went out of his car with tattered jeans and a hoodie. I was on my full make up and with my impressive dress. He looked at me wondering why I looked so glamorous. I asked him why he was dressed up like that. He answered: "What's wrong? We would just be going to a house party of my friend. Everyone would be wearing like these. Had you attended a formal event and had not changed your clothes yet?" I hit him with my leather shoulder bag. Lesson? Better ask first!

Comment

• Trystingbish
      Trystingbish commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't see anything wrong with overdressing. At least it would make people think that you always dress that way lol

Based on experience, most of them would tell me in advance if I need to wear something nice or formal. Which would automatically mean that it's a romantic date

Comment

• partnerstrick
      partnerstrick commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. They'll ask you to wear something nice. Makes it perfectly clear.

I had this friend who had a huge crush on me (never knew that time) and was he was able to ask me out. He picked me up at my place and expecting that it was just a hang. When we arrived at the place, it was this fancy restaurant and was under dressed

Comment

• janeDaLioness
      janeDaLioness commented
      Editing a comment
      And did he ask you to be his girlfriend during that date?

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you continue with the date though?

Better be clear about it at first. Misunderstanding can be really embarrassing sometimes.

Comment

• chipsitaly
      chipsitaly commented
      Editing a comment
      Imagine going on one date wearing really nice clothes but it's actually a group activity. That's a hard no for me

• d1ckhandl3r
      d1ckhandl3r commented
      Editing a comment
      chipsitaly sounds like you've been asked out by a girl before and assumed that it was a romantic date only to find out that it's a hang

• biglifter
      biglifter commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hope that this never happens to me. Makes me really embarrassed just by thinking about it.

It's a good practice to just ask in the first place. Might save you some face.

Comment

• dandeliontoes
      dandeliontoes commented
      Editing a comment
      And make it awkward immediately if your assumption is wrong lol

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      dandeliontoes why did you automatically assumed that her guess would be wrong?

• AirBobo
      AirBobo commented
      Editing a comment
      surfjock maybe that happened to her a bunch of times before

I will always make it a point that I'm perfectly clear, especially with these kind of things.

Comment

• sunnyscenster
      sunnyscenster commented
      Editing a comment
      Being clear is a good way to go. At least, no one would be left to an incorrect assumption.

• KatVonMe
      KatVonMe commented
      Editing a comment
      sunnyscenster That's what the whole thread is saying. The most obvious answer.

My initial dates were all hangouts. Maybe, most young people would have their first dates to be just hangouts with other friends on bars. At least, mine were like those. I just don't know for the others if they also had similar experiences.

Comment

• lovebug42
      lovebug42 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that young people would have their first dates at the bars and clubs. Unless, the man prepares that he would take the girl into a fancy restaurant but I guess only few young men would do that.

My parents were strict. I was not allowed to date at an early age. So, how was it? It was boring. I was not able to go out. It was only when I became older that I was able to date some men.

Comment

I like the casual hangouts. I am the kind of a person who does not like a lot of preparation for a formal date. With casual hangouts, my clothes would also be casual.

Comment

That sort of thing happened to me maybe twice. Both times it happened like this: the guy asked if I wanted to go out and have a meal for him, and I said yes since he seemed harmless and when I arrived at the meeting place, he had a bouquet of flowers for me.

Comment

• lovebug42
          lovebug42 commented
          Editing a comment
          You thought you would just eat, eh? So, how did it go? Did you like the surprise that the man prepare?
      Working...
      X