Inked Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inked Date

Do you guys think that it is a good idea to comment on the tattoos of your date? Like telling him/her that it looks really awful, etc...

Commenting about it negatively would not be advised. Tattoos have different meanings to different people.

Comment

• TeaStory
      TeaStory commented
      Editing a comment
      So have you tried dating someone with weird tattoos on their body?

• nipples
      nipples commented
      Editing a comment
      So it seems like commenting about it positively is the only thing accepted?

• JustaGuy99
      JustaGuy99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree because we don't want to offend people and its hard to meddle if we don't know more about it.

If you are already dating for a long time, I think it would be okay to comment on their tattoo. But if you are still dating for less than a month, it would be a bad idea to do that.

Comment

• newkidda
      newkidda commented
      Editing a comment
      So you would still wait for your relationship to last long before you share your impression on your partner's tattoos?

Originally posted by listlisa View Post
    Tattoos have different meanings to different people.
    Exactly! Even if the tattoo looks bad for you, it may mean something deep from the owner of the tattoo.

Comment

• imahappyclown
      imahappyclown commented
      Editing a comment
      What about the ones who get them because they think that it looks cool or the ones who get really stupid ones? Are you going to expect a long explanation why they got them?

You can tell her your thoughts about her tattoos if you are really talking about that topic but if you just tell it to her randomly, it could cause a fight between you two.

Comment

• Gotchya
      Gotchya commented
      Editing a comment
      Comment about it when your partner is already asking about what is your thoughts about the topic?

The only time I would comment against his tattoos is if he has them on his face. As for the other ones that are found in his body, I would just ask them why he decided to get them.

Comment

• KatVonMe
      KatVonMe commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you actually dated a guy who has a face tattoo?

• butterflyanxious
      butterflyanxious commented
      Editing a comment
      KatVonMe I had one before, it was not so big that is why I continued dating him.

• KatVonMe
      KatVonMe commented
      Editing a comment
      butterflyanxious It's not that bad and they're being judged as badmen. I find it cute especially the tears tattoo.

I feel that is a good conversation starter whether their ink is either bad or a good one. Let's just hope that the both of them can keep that conversation going rather than a short q and a type of conversation.

Comment

• morningglory
      morningglory commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you actually dated a guy who has a bad tattoo? If so, did you ask him why he got it?

• wittyou
      wittyou commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that would work as long as they would be using words that would not get one of them offended.

I haven't dated anyone who had a tattoo. Not that I don't like them, I just don't have interest in those.

Comment

• LessSalt
      LessSalt commented
      Editing a comment
      What if someone with tattoos wanted to date you? Would you give it a try?

• sunnyscenster
      sunnyscenster commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're going to automatically dump him if you find out that he has a tattoo?

• dandeliontoes
      dandeliontoes commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have tattoos girl? I don't know why your mad at them but if you want a clean looking guy with no inks then good luck.

If the woman that you're dating has a tramp stamp, I would suggest that you don't use that term on it and try to avoid talking about it.

Comment

• Yummytron
      Yummytron commented
      Editing a comment
      What term is the best to us then?

• JustaGuy99
      JustaGuy99 commented
      Editing a comment
      What about tramp stamp and why the hell are we not allowed to talk about it? I don't know the history of it.

• flabbybecrux
      flabbybecrux commented
      Editing a comment
      JustaGuy99 Tramp stamp is a tattoo on a woman's lower back (google) and the word "tramp stamp" itself is considered informal

Maybe if you're close with each other and are known for being sarcastic then you can comment that it's awful. It depends on your timing at least he will realize something that what he had is bad and will better get a good one when he will have another tattoo.

Comment

• monsterjunk
      monsterjunk commented
      Editing a comment
      If he accepts your opinion about the tattoo, covering it up or fixing the tattoo can be a good suggestion after.

• lovebug42
      lovebug42 commented
      Editing a comment
      We should always do it indirecltly because we don't want to hurt them if we say it's ugly or awful.

If it's a good one then we could comment that "it's good" Otherwise if it's bad just leave it and keep it to yourself. You don't want to say that "it's awful" or else you will hurt their feelings and they might kill you lol.

Comment

• nyctophilia
      nyctophilia commented
      Editing a comment
      You could just ignore it and not talk about it so it won't hurt their feelings.

If both of you got tattoos then it's alright to judge each other's tattoo and be sure you're knowledgable about it but If you're not fond of tattoos then it's better to keep your mouth shut.

Comment

• alottavagina
      alottavagina commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly true! If both of you already have tattoos, you would easily understand what the meaning of the design is.

Just keep your comments on the tattoos on your own and just share it if the person asks about it.

Comment

• Bang56
      Bang56 commented
      Editing a comment
      If the person asks about your opinion, would you say what you really think of it?

• clssc
      clssc commented
      Editing a comment
      That's easier send than done. Because there are people who can't control themselves when it comes to speaking their minds.

If I'm close with the guy and he is not sensitive then I will tell to him that it looks awful otherwise if I don't have the guts then I will keep it to myself.

Comment

• dreamsbaby2
      dreamsbaby2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you thinking that he would get mad at you or cry if you made comments about his tattoos? lmao

• janeDaLioness
      janeDaLioness commented
      Editing a comment
      If they're a calm person maybe you can joke about it but still, it's not a good idea to tell how awful it is.

I might end up asking why he decided to get that tattoo. I don't care whether it was a good one or a terrible one. Also listening to him tell you the reason why he decided to get it, is a good indicator on whether he's smart or not.

Comment

• backrubsss
      backrubsss commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you going to assume that he's not that smart if he tells you that he just thought that it looks cool that's why he got them?

• clumsygirl
      clumsygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      How many guys have you dated who had really stupid reasons why they gotten that tattoo?
Working...
X