Should we worry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we worry?

We know that most dates that we have had past relationships. Few broke up in the nicest ways while most broke up in bad terms. Now, should we worry about their past boyfriends or girlfriends?

No, we should not worry. Their relationship is already over. She should no longer interfere with the life of her past boyfriend.

Comment

• financialcowbird
      financialcowbird commented
      Editing a comment
      What would you do if his ex-girlfriend would begin to mess up your affairs with your boyfriend?

• dreamnow
      dreamnow commented
      Editing a comment
      financialcowbird I wouldn't be worried if my ex-girlfriend plans to mess up my current relationship. If my current girlfriend loves me that much, she wouldn't spare even just a little of her attention to that bitch lol!

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      It's like what people say "Past is past" I totally ignore about their past relationships and I don't really care

If the girl is still running after her ex-boyfriend who happens to be dating me, then that is the only time that I should worry.

Comment

• hamster11
      hamster11 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm quite worried about some of my ex-girlfriends. They would sometimes want to befriend my current girlfriend and it's obvious that they just wanted to get a scoop about us or just me.

• AlivePerfect
      AlivePerfect commented
      Editing a comment
      Me, too. That would be the time that I would feel to be threatened. Why would she run after my boyfriend when they are already over?

If we're talking about being an abuser, then you should be concerned by it. Otherwise, you shouldn't worry too much of it because if you're going too invested in finding about their past, you're going to have a hard time finding a partner to be with

Comment

• imperfectme
      imperfectme commented
      Editing a comment
      I am sorry but I am a bit slow at this moment. OK, I got it now. Well, we should know a bit of their past. I think that it is a necessity.

• sunnyscenster
      sunnyscenster commented
      Editing a comment
      imperfectme How is it a necessity to open up a terrible past? You might consider that if they ever open up to you about an abusive past, it might trigger them. But I suggest you be careful with your words or how you'd understand their case.

I don't think that you shouldn't too concerned about their pasts because by doing that the guy might end up ghosting you because of you obsessing his past

Comment

• biglifter
      biglifter commented
      Editing a comment
      It's hard when someone ghosts you for that reason. Well, in the first place, there shouldn't be a reason to be worried about your better half's past. Unless the past keeps coming back and keeps interfering with us, that's when I should start to worry about it.

For me, at least we should know who was on their past relationship. Just a little knowledge would do.

Comment

• stickyyhen
      stickyyhen commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I agree. At least, we know who were those people. Better to know than be clueless.

If we're just talking about the two of you are just started dating, you should just focus on the both of you and only worried about each others past once you're a couple already

Comment

• flabbybecrux
      flabbybecrux commented
      Editing a comment
      But then again, there's nothing to worry about there karsha78. If you two have been seriously dating for a long time, then the past wouldn't matter to both parties.

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the relationship just started then why should both parties be talking about past relationships? That's not something you should discuss or worry about. Both fo you should focus on the present, of what you both have right now.

It's already given that most breakups ended up in bad terms, so I guess you should be a little worried about your past or your partner's, if you or they could've done something really terrible. Always expect for the worst in everything. I might sound a bit pessimistic but what I'm saying is based on experience and is 100% truth.

Comment

• furphyobserved
      furphyobserved commented
      Editing a comment
      I would be worry if I ever had a gf and she confessed to me that she had cheated on her previous bf. I just don't want her to cheat on me this time. But who knows? Maybe she wouldn't even do it, there could be a reason why she could've done that but as much as possible, I shouldn't be so worried since I'm currently single lol!

If I think that their exes were better than I am then that is the time that I would get worried as I might be contrasted with the previous ones and he would be able to see that the others were better than I.

Comment

• stevemcdream
      stevemcdream commented
      Editing a comment
      But if he truly loves you, he wouldn't even compare you from his past relationships. That's one dick move there if he ever does that.
      Of course, we don't like it when we get compared with other people, we're different and unique in our own ways.

• dreamsbaby2
      dreamsbaby2 commented
      Editing a comment
      What makes you say that you'll be contrasted? You two started dating and why would he compare to you at the early stage of dating? You might as well dump him if he hasn't moved on from his ex.

If you're going to think about on how his previous relationships have ended when you just started dating, it would be a miracle if you're able to find someone to settle down with

Comment

• loveME
      loveME commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we should be worried only if our current dates have acquired sexually transmitted diseases from their past relationships. I don't want to sound mean but it's true. I got worried when I once dated a guy and I happen to know that he once hooked up with a girl and discovered that she has STDs.
      Last edited by loveME; 10-07-2019, 12:53 PM.

You sound like someone whose all previous relationships ended up in a bad way. Just hope that you don't openly talk about that during the first date because there's a chance that he would think that you're paranoid

Comment

• guana
      guana commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by veggieperker View Post
      Just hope that you don't openly talk about that during the first date because there's a chance that he would think that you're paranoid
      I agree, not all guys are interested to hear your sad story. So save the dramas and just enjoy the moment you two have.
Working...
X