Date preferences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date preferences

I have read an article stating that date preferences are hard-wired. It means that it is already embedded on our genes. That is, men prefer younger women and women prefer older men. It has something to do with biology and for survival or something like that. What are your thoughts on this study?

I think that most people are following this one. The majority of people have this preference. As far as I could see, it is like this is the norm. I, for example, want to have a man that is a bit older than I am. Of course, not the too old ones. lol.

Comment

• flabbybecrux
      flabbybecrux commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, and most of us guys wanted to date younger women because we just wanted to spoil them and make them feel extra special. Since of course, they're younger than us. It has something to do with biology, I'm sure.

• financialcowbird
      financialcowbird commented
      Editing a comment
      flabbybecrux Biology? I think that the men want younger women because the younger they are, the better they perform in bed. Or just my thought.

• anitabanger
      anitabanger commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, we could defy it. Now that I am older, I like dating younger men.

I've actually dated men who are older and younger than me and most of the time the ones I end up being with guys who are younger than me

Comment

• karsha78
      karsha78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why are you more interested with guys who are younger than you? Does it make you feel younger?

• AlivePerfect
      AlivePerfect commented
      Editing a comment
      So why do you think that you end up with the younger guys most of the time?

I prefer men who are on my age range. I think that they are easier to have interactions in a way that we know similar things together.

Comment

• biglifter
      biglifter commented
      Editing a comment
      So, what kind of similar things do you both usually have? I believe that most women I've met liked older guys because they say that they're much matured. No offense there, I guess it depends on the person you're dealing with and it's a good thing that you've found someone with the same interests as you.

• imperfectme
      imperfectme commented
      Editing a comment
      biglifter Well, you have some points over there. They say that you need older men so that they could take care of you better than those of your age range.

• Teamnessa
      Teamnessa commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are on the same age range then you grew up in a similar world so it is pretty equal when it comes to knowledge of the world. It means that there are no significant gaps on how the world works.

I think that's the preferred age difference is because in the past women go for men who are older because they want somebody who can provide the basic necessities in life

Comment

• stickyyhen
      stickyyhen commented
      Editing a comment
      So, now in the current generation, older women could already provide the basic necessities in life so there are now cougars? Is this where your thought is going?

• furphyobserved
      furphyobserved commented
      Editing a comment
      Based on what you've said clumsygirl, I have to agree with you and it kind of reminds me what a girl looks for in a man is that he must possess at least one trait his father has and that is, what you've said, is someone who can provide the basic necessities in life. So when it comes to guys, what we sometimes look for in a girl is what our mom also possesses.

Hard-wired or not, we could have our own preference on who to date. If I want younger men, then I could. If I want older men, then I still could. I think that it is called a will.

Comment

• hamster11
      hamster11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any guy would be willing to date you because I believe that you're beautiful inside and out. But then again, you still don't have a profile picture. I want to see how beautiful you are Caila99

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      hamster11 She can be into younger or older guys but I guess that she's never going to notice you there lol!

How old are you? Finally the forum came back for me.

Comment

• Bang56
      Bang56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome back October808, so, do you prefer dating younger women? At what age specifically?

• FieryCloudz25
      FieryCloudz25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. The forum was down for few days. Good thing that they were able to restore it.

I'd pretty much prefer women of the same age as me because I'm sure that we'll get along just fine.
    I've dated women younger than me and we've never had much anything in common.

Comment

• stevemcdream
      stevemcdream commented
      Editing a comment
      There might be some of them out there, you just haven't met them yet. Someone who can match your frequency and you'll be surprised if they're younger than you. I've met a girl before and she thinks and acts more mature than her actual age.

• sunnyscenster
      sunnyscenster commented
      Editing a comment
      stevemcdream So, this girl that you're talking about, are you still in contact with her? Or was it just for a short time only?

• stevemcdream
      stevemcdream commented
      Editing a comment
      sunnyscenster not anymore but we still hang out as friends and that's it

Originally posted by innocentgirl View Post
    I have read an article stating that date preferences are hard-wired. It means that it is already embedded on our genes. That is, men prefer younger women and women prefer older men. It has something to do with biology and for survival or something like that. What are your thoughts on this study?
    innocentgirl, you mentioned hard-wired, it would be considered a human behavior but it's still backed up with various theories. But yes, we do have date preferences and you can consider someone being "hard-wired" based on their attitudes and behaviors when they look for potential dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bang56 View Post
      Welcome back October808, so, do you prefer dating younger women? At what age specifically?
      Thanks man. I thought I would be attracted to 25 at the youngest. Well after a lot of reading on dating forums, I had to adjust my perspective. It seems girls aren't mature enough to use common sense until they're at least 30. The volume of common sense questions they ask just boggles the mind. They think just because a guy looks at them and smiles it means they want to have a relationship with them. Most of them are fixated on texting as the only way to communicate with people. I like talking to people face to face (or on a webcam if we don't live nearby). I don't find that sexy at all. So yeah, 30 years old is probably a requirement for me now unless they can show me they're not a dramatist.Notice me sempai. No thanks.
      Last edited by October808; 10-08-2019, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Bang56
        Bang56 commented
        Editing a comment
        So you'll go with 30 at least.. that's good for you sempai. Keep reading man i know you will get a lot of tips from the experts

Originally posted by FieryCloudz25 View Post
      Yup. The forum was down for few days. Good thing that they were able to restore it.
      Hahah yeah I thought I got banned for posting those sexy Bono photos.

Comment

• dreamsbaby2
        dreamsbaby2 commented
        Editing a comment
        No one gets banned here unless you spam unnecessary things, but you're all good man October808

So when it comes to looking for a date preference, I'd probably prefer guys my age or the safest is guys a bit older than me. The oldest might be 10 years older than me, just that. I haven't found any guy yet but I'm sure that he'll come along.

Comment

Not sure about those preferences being hard wired inside all of us. They only say that because that's the most common preference because that's what most of ancestors has practiced

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsbaby2 View Post
          No one gets banned here unless you spam unnecessary things, but you're all good man October808
          Cheers dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bang56 View Post
            So you'll go with 30 at least.. that's good for you sempai. Keep reading man i know you will get a lot of tips from the experts
            Yeah 30 seems to be when most females hit maturity mentally.

Comment

Working...
            X