To date that person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To date that person?

I have something that just popped up on my mind. This concerns about the people who got divorced thrice or even more than that figure. Would you consider dating them?

Sure, it would just be dating anyway. There is no assurance that he would be my lover. So, for simple dating here and there, then I would accept it.

Comment

• innocentgirl
      innocentgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, yeah, me too. I do not think that there is a harm when we date those people who have histories of multiple divorces.

• heartlistener
      heartlistener commented
      Editing a comment
      It's like dating an ex again but there wouldn't be anything serious about it. It's like catching up, right? I would be okay with that, he better not ask me out again because this will be our last date since I'd be busy with my own life. He should find himself a new lover if he has to so he won't have to bother me again.

• anxiousme
      anxiousme commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, fine for me. It would just be a date and there is no other things aside from that. We could go on dating for a long time so long as I won't become a lover.

No. I guess that the person has a habit of either dumping a person or he is the one being dumped for a reason.

Comment

• backrubsss
      backrubsss commented
      Editing a comment
      Obviously, that is the case. When you become lovers, he might divorce you, too. Lol.

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      But, it would only be a date. You are after the long term already. But, anyway, yeah I think it is better to stay away from them.

• Franshanica89
      Franshanica89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Be careful. If you get married to that person, then expect for a divorce anytime soon. Well, or the other way around, you should expect to file for a divorce to get away from him.

I think they should not get married when they know that they would have a divorce in the future. They could have stayed like lovers. I think that it would be better in that way.

Comment

• Readeronic
      Readeronic commented
      Editing a comment
      You cannot predict the things that you are not sure that is bound to happen. The divorce happened because things aren't going well for them so why the hell is there a need for them to stay together if they no longer love each other?

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Readeronic. Maybe there are no problems during the early stage of their marriage but then problems and concerns start to surface and they can't handle that anymore. That's why they just opted for divorce. Anyway, I do think that I won't try dating a guy who got divorced for 3 times already. I want someone who haven't experienced marriage like me.

• perfectionist
      perfectionist commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. If they like each other, then so be it. But they should not get married any more in order for a new divorce to happen soon.

I have a question. Who initiated the divorce? Is that particular person initiated the divorce or did the spouse initiated the divorce? Anyway, either way, I think that there were issues on that person.

Comment

• KatVonMe
      KatVonMe commented
      Editing a comment
      But if there are issues with that person, why is there a need to date them? I think this man who has been through a lot of divorces must be avoided, just so you know, you might be the next victim here lol. Just sayin'.
      Last edited by KatVonMe; 01-18-2020, 10:48 AM.

Well, it is just a date so I guess I will still go for it. Besides, he might not be the reason for the divorce, right?

Comment

• heartheart
      heartheart commented
      Editing a comment
      Date him and get to know the real reason behind his divorce. This man might have dealt with a crazy wife or he might even be the reason why the wife went crazy, who knows? Cue dramatic music.

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Maybe the women that he got married with in the past are the reasons why their marriage fell apart. It is not always men's fault, you know.

No, I wouldn't consider dating those women. That's because I already know that they are not good at handling marriages, how much more a simple relationship? I wouldn't waste my time with them.

Comment

• TassetTasty
      TassetTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you've made the right decision there, but if it were only just for a date then I guess it is okay. These women might be looking for one night stands right after the date, so just give them what they want and never associate with them again lol.

• superego
      superego commented
      Editing a comment
      What if they had already changed? Would you not give them the chance that they are looking for?

Before deciding if I will date them, I will ask first the reason for his failed marriages. If I knew that it was because of him, I wouldn't consider dating him because I know that our relationship will just surely be a mess.

Comment

• guana
      guana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, this is the most logical thing to do for me. If I know that he is not a good partner, then there is no reason for me to date him at all.

Yes, I would still try to date them. I do believe that there are reasons behind those failed marriages and maybe he hasn't found the right one for him. And maybe that someone is me, right?

Comment

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah! Be hopeful and confident about that and let's see where does that lead you. Lol. I do think that you shouldn't try to date someone who already had 3 failed marriages. If it ain't obvious yet, the man is not suitable for marriage.

• loveME
      loveME commented
      Editing a comment
      I am certain that that's also what his ex-wives thought. I really think that a man who already got divorced thrice already has a problem regarding being in a relationship so I wouldn't want to meddle with that kind of man.

Yeah I will date them and not marry them, I'm a loner and I prefer not to choose whom to date and I'll stay away from topics that might destroy her because the date would end up as a disaster

Comment

• d1ckhandl3r
      d1ckhandl3r commented
      Editing a comment
      I like this one, who knows you might end up on a divorce as well, failed marriages never amuse me

• backrubsss
      backrubsss commented
      Editing a comment
      Who does? d1ckhandl3r I hate it if that happens to me that's why people are unpredictable which includes are partner because on a long time infidelity happens

No, I wouldn't consider dating a guy who got divorced for 3 times already. As they say, "once is enough, twice is too much, and thrice is stupidity". Being divorced thrice just means that he is not capable of managing a relationship.

Comment

• JannahVC
      JannahVC commented
      Editing a comment
      That's strike 3 and you definitely don't want to be involved with this guy anymore or else you will fall into the same trap and be left also

I wouldn't judge the man based on the 3 divorces that he had. After all, I don't really know the stories behind those divorces right? So yes, I will still consider dating them.

Comment

Uhm I guess I would think twice about that. One reason is that there's a chance that I will just be wasting my time with him because I already know that he is not a pro in handling relationships. And the other one is that, I wouldn't want to be with a guy who already experienced married life with 3 women.

Comment

well for me dating someone who is divorced or annulled is okay because the reason they got divorced or putting it in a simpler way why they separated is because it just didn't work out for the both of them and it doesn't mean a divorced man or lady won't work with you, just give them a chance and get to really know them maybe in the end it's really you who is for them

Comment

Past is past and I don't know what happened during those relationships he had. It's just a date, girl! Hence, his past won't define him as a person if you know what I mean, that is.

Comment

Working...
          X