Not Sure That This Will Work Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Sure That This Will Work Out

During first dates, how far long into them do you sense that the date is a good one or a bad one.

For me, I always sense it at the start. If they are the first ones to initiate the talk then I would assume that he is a good one.

Comment

• sunnyscenster
      sunnyscenster commented
      Editing a comment
      What if he's the silent type? Are you willing to be the one to initiate the conversation?

• Pedaedia
      Pedaedia commented
      Editing a comment
      If it would be a bad one? Would you be okay to initiate the talking?

Before I actually date someone, I do research on them to make sure that they are good people.

Comment

• nipples
      nipples commented
      Editing a comment
      But not all things about that person can easily be known unless you actually spend time with him.

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      For me, I don't really on research because most people often cheat their way on making an astounding profile with fake information.

• imahappyclown
      imahappyclown commented
      Editing a comment
      TeaStory I'm pretty sure that they will not list down their negative side so it's better to gather facts when you're with him or through his friends.

If the date is already getting boring. Good dates usually makes something to lighten the date but for bad ones, they just ignore what is happening.

Comment

• Gotchya
      Gotchya commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that based on your experience? Or you act that way if you are getting bored with the date.

• wittyou
      wittyou commented
      Editing a comment
      If the one you are dating is not a talkative person, how would you handle it?

• Trystingbish
      Trystingbish commented
      Editing a comment
      wittyou If the guy is really interested in me he would try everything even if he is not a talkative person.

For me it would around the time while we're waiting for our food. There's a chance that we can't find something to talk about or we have opposing views about everything.

Comment

• anxiousme
      anxiousme commented
      Editing a comment
      You can find something to talk about if one of you is good at starting a conversation.

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you prefer that you don't have something to talk about or that the two of you have opposing views?

• KatVonMe
      KatVonMe commented
      Editing a comment
      flabbybecrux Yeah, I always make sure to stick with my beliefs. loss77 I'd rather prefer that we don't talk rather than debating were people could hear us.

I'm guessing it would be when my date arrives late and he's not apologetic about being late.

Comment

• Yummytron
      Yummytron commented
      Editing a comment
      What if his reason is a valid reason? Would you still think that he is a bad date?

• Readeronic
      Readeronic commented
      Editing a comment
      That could pass to me if he got a valid reason for being late.

• dreamsbaby2
      dreamsbaby2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did he tell you why he was late? Because being late for a date is a real dick move. He should at least apologize for it.

I can sense that if it's good it starts to get pretty interesting and you both have something in common and if it's bad you it starts to get awkward and boring.

Comment

• backrubsss
      backrubsss commented
      Editing a comment
      One way to say it is "Great mind thinks alike". If you both have something in common then that's a good sign.

• backrubsss
      backrubsss commented
      Editing a comment
      One way to say it is "Great mind thinks alike". If you both have something in common then that's a good sign.

• imahappyclown
      imahappyclown commented
      Editing a comment
      JustaGuy99 I think you can turn it around by making it good if you know the strategy to get her.

If I had a great time and have fun then its a good date otherwise it's bad if I didn't enjoy it at all.

Comment

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      So you would only criticize the date if it is already finished?

• perfectionist
      perfectionist commented
      Editing a comment
      PearBear Yeah when it's over because the'yre might be surprises.

If both of you have the same interest, then from the start it will already be a good one.

Comment

• butterflyanxious
      butterflyanxious commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not hard to find someone with the same interest specially if you are an extrovert kind of person.

• lovebug42
      lovebug42 commented
      Editing a comment
      Like they both have something in common but it must be plenty enough so they have a lot to discuss.

• pms60
      pms60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that can be a good one but what if the both of you are introverts there's a chance that the two of you would just sit there and not talk about anything.

For me, I just don't base it on the first date, we all tend to be nervous at the start so if we consider having few more dates then that's the time that I am going to assess if it's turning out to be good or bad.

Comment

• alottavagina
      alottavagina commented
      Editing a comment
      So even if the person is already obviously bad in the first date you are still willing to go to more dates with him?

• potatome
      potatome commented
      Editing a comment
      alottavagina I don't see anything wrong with doing a redo especially if you like the guy.

I only go to dates when I already have a background of the woman so that it would automatically a good one on the first date.

Comment

• fanghang
      fanghang commented
      Editing a comment
      What if she's the type who made something up when you tried to check on her background. Do you think that it will still be a good date or not?

• FantasticLil
      FantasticLil commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet you will ask everything you know about that girl, she'll probably know that you stalk her profile.

If I'm laughing so hard and having a great time then I would consider it to be good because nothing would surpass happiness.

Comment

• PerkyJerky
      PerkyJerky commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll be good in his hands if you got mutual feelings with each other.

• dixieNormous
      dixieNormous commented
      Editing a comment
      I only base it on my date's reaction if they are having fun then it means it's good.

If he will text you and call you after the date that he had a blast and the date was fun.

Comment

• innocentgirl
      innocentgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's something that he should have told you right after the date. Why did he have to tell that to you via phone call or text?

• imagination
      imagination commented
      Editing a comment
      innocentgirl Maybe if it's the first date both parties are too shy to ask and tell the truth so they have to think it through and express it via text or call.

By instinct, if my guts are telling me that it's no longer good to stay or have a date with this guy then I'm pretty sure it's bad because I got the feeling that it's not going anywhere.

Comment

• goodmanners
      goodmanners commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you left a guy in the middle of a date or you often stay until the date is over and just tell the guy that this will not work for the two of you?

• stickyyhen
      stickyyhen commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe your anxious on your date that's why you got the feeling that it's not going anywhere.

I have a thing during dates where I have notes about what I think of him, was he funny enough and it's like a diary to express myself if the guy I'm with is worth it so if I happen to check all the positives in him then I consider it to be good.

Comment

• bollersdiorite
      bollersdiorite commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you also rate your date by giving them 3 or 5 stars or any scoring system? Sometimes when I talk to my friends, I rate the guy I've been with.

• AngstAngels
      AngstAngels commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like you got a nice list of how you deal with your date's and how is it helping you?
Working...
X