Friends To Lovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends To Lovers?

When it comes to being in relationships, which do you actually prefer? Being friends with the person first or dating the person immediately?

I personally prefer the latter since I don't want to ruin what I have with my female friends. Also it is quite hard to date someone who started as your friend. Because once your relationship is over, you would lose not only a partner, but also a friend.

Comment

• heartlistener
      heartlistener commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this only applies to short-time friends if you will lose them over or it depends on the cause of the breakup.

• dandeliontoes
      dandeliontoes commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you actually dated someone who started as a friend that's why you know that there's a chance that you would not only lose a girlfriend but a friend as well once the two of you break up?

• furphyobserved
      furphyobserved commented
      Editing a comment
      dandeliontoes yes, I did experienced it once in my teenage years that is why after I became more careful as I don't wanna lose a friend again.

I've been in relationships where I've been with both. And I'm more comfortable that we started as friends since I get to know the her well first and can easily adjust once we became a couple.

Comment

• snoogywookie
      snoogywookie commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you still friends with those exes who started as your friend or the friendship ended as well?

• veggieperker
      veggieperker commented
      Editing a comment
      We're still friends but of course it isn't like before.

It much more exciting if both of you will be friends at first then if your feeling is sorted out then maybe it's time for the next stage which is dating.

Comment

• lilpup
      lilpup commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't you think that it will be strange if you're doing it with a person that was your friend first?

• lie11
      lie11 commented
      Editing a comment
      KatVonMe That's okay. I mean its okay have a date first right?

• lie11
      lie11 commented
      Editing a comment
      KatVonMe That's okay. I mean its okay have a date first right?

I would go with the latter because I prefer to slowly get to know the person every time that we go out. Rather than being comfortable with the person immediately since we're friends from the start.

Comment

• skuzzvibe
      skuzzvibe commented
      Editing a comment
      But have you dated a guy that started out as your friend? Or you made sure that never happened?

• ingotjubilant
      ingotjubilant commented
      Editing a comment
      skuzzvibe I made sure it don't happen. I don't really like dating someone I already considered as a friend

It all depends on the guy. There are guys who are better as friends first before turning into lover and others who fall in being lovers immediately.

Comment

• moneymoney
      moneymoney commented
      Editing a comment
      And which one of them often ends up being your boyfriend? Is it the first one or second?

• clumsygirl
      clumsygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if the guy is a boyfriend material then it's best if you choose to date him first.

I will have to go with the date the person immediately and I already got tons of friends and I don't need one lol. I want more dates especially this year.

Comment

• Pedaedia
      Pedaedia commented
      Editing a comment
      You got a point there lol but do you have any friends that you want to date?

• JustaGuy99
      JustaGuy99 commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to do if one of your male friends asked you out for a date? Are you going to go out with him or you would reject him?

• fuckashuck
      fuckashuck commented
      Editing a comment
      JustaGuy99 I'll reject him, I don't want things to be awkward between us.

I'll go with date immediately and it's a bit challenging especially if it's blind dates and I wanted to be surprised by my date.

Comment

• Bang56
      Bang56 commented
      Editing a comment
      funfun88 Not that much. I only do it if I want to, you know when you feel you want to do it.

• funfun88
      funfun88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I thought you always do that to all your dates. Bang56

• Bang56
      Bang56 commented
      Editing a comment
      funfun88 Nope, because sometimes I just feel that I only like to date and nothing more. but sometimes I get horny, so yeah.

I've tried dating from both sides and I would say that I'm more comfortable dating guys that were not my friends.

Comment

• financialcowbird
      financialcowbird commented
      Editing a comment
      shizzlygizzly yup, but the chance of achieving that is lower than the chance of things not working as we want them to be.

• shizzlygizzly
      shizzlygizzly commented
      Editing a comment
      financialcowbird but there's a chance although its just low, don't you want to take that risk?

• financialcowbird
      financialcowbird commented
      Editing a comment
      shizzlygizzly I don't want to bet our friendship with that low chance and I don't think it will be worth the risk.

I will date her immediately because if we become friends at first then maybe I'll get stuck there and be friend-zoned so its best to get the opportunity of dating her first.

Comment

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      What if the girl wants to be your friend first and doesn't date guys immediately?

• imahappyclown
      imahappyclown commented
      Editing a comment
      How many times have you been placed in the friendzone? Are you still friends with those ladies or not?

I'm more comfortable with dating a guy who wasn't my friend first. I feel strange going out with a guy that I consider as a friend or even a close friend.

Comment

• Masterbabe
      Masterbabe commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you actually went out with a friend before? Also did you ask yourself why you're doing it?

• wigeon
      wigeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Masterbabe I tried going out with a friend before but I still prefer guys who ask me out for the first time of meeting.

I like being friends with the person first so I'll know if we can have great chemistry together and I am not fond of awkward and boring dates.

Comment

• lipspotatochips
      lipspotatochips commented
      Editing a comment
      There might be a chance that your date would be a little awkward considering the two of you are friends.

• PieDish
      PieDish commented
      Editing a comment
      lipspotatochips yes, there's awkwardness at first but it doesn't last longer than 20 minutes lol.

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I agree, because for me, I should know what we like first so when we are going to date I already know what we want. I mean I already know how to handle stuff that we want or like.

Most of the guys I have been with started as friends since they were the types who want to make sure that the girl likes them as well before making a move.

Comment

• innocentgirl
      innocentgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      You got a lot of patient friends right there. Some guys ask you out immediately if they find you hot.

• koshercassanova
      koshercassanova commented
      Editing a comment
      So you've never been with a guy who immediately asked you out?

I'm fond of big dates and I would jump to dating quickly so there's a chance that I'll hook up with this guy and have one night stand immediately lol.

Comment

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are a horny woman for making a move with him quickly and sleeping with him for the first time.

• vixenvicky
      vixenvicky commented
      Editing a comment
      PerkyJerky it depends if I had fun with him. I have guys from one-night stand that eventually becomes my hook up buddy. percymercy I guess I'm young and wanna live my life to the fullest, lol.

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      vixenvicky Do you usually do that to your hook up?

I'll want us to be friends first and it feels safer because I already knew him from the start. I no longer need to bring a pepper spray with me.

Comment

• routinetine
      routinetine commented
      Editing a comment
      I also prefer dating a friend and it feels more comfortable being with them.

• d1ckhandl3r
      d1ckhandl3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you really bring pepper spray with you during dates just in case something happens?

• anxiousme
      anxiousme commented
      Editing a comment
      routinetine I agree! It's like you don't need to be ashamed of everything right.
Working...
X