Dating Collegues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Collegues

Have you dated someone you work with? I have had dated 2 colleagues before and those 2 times didn't work out coz of personality reasons but now my current bf is also a colleague. What's your story on this one?

Comment

• BabyPie
      BabyPie commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you actually dated a coworker before? If it's a yes, how long did the relationship last?

• allaboutlove
      allaboutlove commented
      Editing a comment
      koshercassanova yes, and I can see how serious they can be with thing or like their work, projects etc. BabyPie yes, I go out with a couple of co-workers before. I had a relation with one that lasted for more than a year.

• BabyPie
      BabyPie commented
      Editing a comment
      allaboutlove I never had a relationship that lasted for more than a year. btw, why did you guys break up?

I dated a co-worker for about 3 months, after it ended I couldn't stand seeing him or working with him.

Comment

• newkidda
      newkidda commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll probably greet him lol! lie11

• newkidda
      newkidda commented
      Editing a comment
      Then I would ask him about our status. andi if he just wants me as his fucked buddy then I will ghost him. FantasticLil

• FantasticLil
      FantasticLil commented
      Editing a comment
      newkidda I am glad that you will not stay with him. if that will happen. you deserve someone better though.

I've went out on dates with a couple of coworkers and it didn't work for us since we found out that we're not a good match.

Comment

• lipspotatochips
      lipspotatochips commented
      Editing a comment
      xXtinaGelo awkward at first but we moved on with that and just get back on being coworkers, lol.

• funfun88
      funfun88 commented
      Editing a comment
      d1ckhandl3r Nah, that's expected, and it's like it’s normal maybe.

• lie11
      lie11 commented
      Editing a comment
      d1ckhandl3r How about you? Have you already encountered this kind of situation?

Honestly, I think dating a colleague is a good idea. In that way, you will have much more time with him. But of course, you two shouldn't flirt with each other a lot during work hours!

Comment

• stevemcdream
      stevemcdream commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I think the best time to flirt with them is at the office in my opinion.

• Nica55
      Nica55 commented
      Editing a comment
      stevemcdream Is that what you do on your working hours? To flirt with your workmates.

• imagination
      imagination commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes especially if you got close to them and felt something different when he is around based on my experience.

Hmm, I haven't tried dating a colleague before and that's because I don't think I am ready for that kind of relationship. Besides, I think dating a colleague is unhealthy and somehow toxic if I must say.

Comment

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think so especially if the guy has a lot of exes inside the office and it's really unhealthy and you will be judge by other people.

I've tried dating a coworker before and it was kinda awkward at the start and once the two of you broke up already.

Comment

• Gotchya
      Gotchya commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree and you always keep a distance with him and you try to avoid or dodge on where he goes.

• wittyou
      wittyou commented
      Editing a comment
      If both of you stayed as friends then maybe things will not be too awkward.

It sounds like a good idea at the beginning but it would be a terrible one once it is over between the two of you.

Comment

• dixieNormous
      dixieNormous commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that something that is based from personal experience or it was told to you by a friend?

• routinetine
      routinetine commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah and imagine if he got another girl from the same job you are working with.

• PearBear
      PearBear commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right about that one. Especially if the two of you are in the same team or department.

Comment

• snoogywookie
      snoogywookie commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you going to be fine with it if he will try and find another job so that you don't see each other at work and at home?

• janeDaLioness
      janeDaLioness commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that you are getting ahead of yourself on this one. She's just asking about dating a workmate and you're talking about being married with him already.

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      snoogywookie Yeah I'm fine if he will find another job so we won't be seeing each other all the time.

I don't mind dating someone from the same company as long as we seldom interact with each other at work.

Comment

• Caila99
      Caila99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, imagine if both of you are working on the same project and both of you need to coincide.

If I can't resist her then I'll surely ask her out if she wants and I'll fling her. I have to ask her a question first if she's open to having a relationship with a colleague before I make my moves.

Comment

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      Smart, I think that's the right action you need to do before you start buying her flowers and stuff.

• dandeliontoes
      dandeliontoes commented
      Editing a comment
      Have to make sure when you talk to her about going out with you doesn't sound creepy since she might file a complaint against you.

I've dated a few before and luckily they are from different sections or departments that's why we don't see each other every single day at work.

Comment

• alottavagina
      alottavagina commented
      Editing a comment
      So you just spend some time during your lunch break and after work?

Had a few work crushes but didn't act on them since all of them were in relationships when I met them.

Comment

• PerkyJerky
      PerkyJerky commented
      Editing a comment
      But did you try and go out with them once you found out that they've broken up with their boyfriends?

• heartheart
      heartheart commented
      Editing a comment
      Also in my work, all the hot ones are taken and the only guys left are those nerds which are hard to approach.

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      PerkyJerky No, gotta be professional i guess lol.

I've dated a few of them to find out whether what my coworkers have told me were true.

Comment

• AglowNum
      AglowNum commented
      Editing a comment
      What did your coworkers tell you that made you decide to date a few of them?

• vixenvicky
      vixenvicky commented
      Editing a comment
      AglowNum something like good in bed, or we have this co-worker that look like a nerdy shy type but totally opposite in bed, lol.

• AglowNum
      AglowNum commented
      Editing a comment
      Shy type but wild in bed? oh I like that kind of person!

For me, Dating a colleague is inevitable and the important part is doing it in a way that won't get anybody in trouble.

Comment

• LessSalt
      LessSalt commented
      Editing a comment
      So what do you propose? Do you think it's a good idea if we only do it discreetly?

• blizzss
      blizzss commented
      Editing a comment
      Is this you way of telling us that you've dated a couple of your coworkers before? If the answer is yes, you should have given us tips on how to make it work.
Working...
X