Alcoholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcoholic

Has anyone tried dating or been in a relationship with an alcoholic? Like someone who can no longer control their use of alcohol and drinking almost everyday.

Nope, haven't meet anyone like this although I've been in a relationship with guys who drink but not like an alcohol addict.
    Last edited by shizzlygizzly; 07-11-2020, 05:10 AM.

Comment

There aren't many alcoholic women than men so the chances that a woman have encountered this experience is higher than men. As for me, I haven't meet a girl like this yet.
      Last edited by lilpup; 07-11-2020, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• sunnyscenster
        sunnyscenster commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah and if I'm not mistaken I read it somewhere that women tend to receive greater risk with alcohol abuse than men.

I have dated a guy who is also into alcohol but we never get to be in an exclusive relationship.

Comment

• bollersdiorite
        bollersdiorite commented
        Editing a comment
        Good thing you didn't get to be in a relationship with him, alcoholics are stressful to handle.

• sunnyscenster
        sunnyscenster commented
        Editing a comment
        So have been in a relationship with one before? bollersdiorite

• ingotjubilant
        ingotjubilant commented
        Editing a comment
        bollersdiorite I'm gonna ask the same this as sunnyscenster or you know some people who are struggling with this problem?

One of my closest relative is struggling with alcohol, he doesn't have a wife nor kids and currently in treatment for his addiction. I witnessed him before and it is crazy to think or imagine being in a relationship with someone like that.

Comment

• lilpup
        lilpup commented
        Editing a comment
        Is he the type of person that tend to destroy things and loud when they get drunk?

• surfjock
        surfjock commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, aggressive that we tend to always calls for help every time he is drunk.

I have an ex who is alcoholic but he wasn't like that when we were still together.

Comment

• FieryCloudz25
        FieryCloudz25 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did he become an alcoholic right after your break up or a little later?

• brooksbrioche
        brooksbrioche commented
        Editing a comment
        He is your ex already but how did you know that he is now an alcoholic? Did you maintain contact with him even after your relationship?

• scissorssole
        scissorssole commented
        Editing a comment
        FieryCloudz25 I don't know if it was after our break up because I don't have any communications with him. brooksbrioche nope, I only heard about it almost a year after the break up from a mutual friend.

I once got into a blind date and he said that he got a problems with alcohol but surprisingly he is very charming and respectful during our date. We had a drink but he never went into like drinking like there's no tomorrow and he actually drive me home. I totally admire him for that and so I thanked him for giving me a wonderful date.

Comment

• lipspotatochips
        lipspotatochips commented
        Editing a comment
        He is such a nice gentleman. I think you also play a vital role in your date. The fact that he shared that side to you means that he feels comfort and connection and he respect you for that.

I don't know if he is in the "total addict" level but one of my ex is really into alcohol. He would get drunk almost every week especially on weekends and we mostly caught into fight because of it. I honestly thought he would change because in the middle of our argument or in confrontation he would say that he will not do it again or he will be more mindful next time not to drink too much, but his behavior didn't change.

Comment

• morningglory
        morningglory commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you advice him to reach out for a professional help?

• financialcowbird
        financialcowbird commented
        Editing a comment
        morningglory yes, I told him that and he got pissed telling me that I am exaggerating things and that there is nothing wrong with him and his drinking behavior is totally normal for an adult.

Originally posted by Trystingbish View Post
      Has anyone tried dating or been in a relationship with an alcoholic? Like someone who can no longer control their use of alcohol and drinking almost everyday.
      How about you Trystingbish? Are you in a relationship with this type of guy right now?

Comment

• xXtinaGelo
        xXtinaGelo commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe, that is why she's asking us here or maybe it's someone close to her.

• Masterbabe
        Masterbabe commented
        Editing a comment
        xXtinaGelo right but its kinda weird, she should have specifically ask what she want to know aside from asking if we met this type of person.

i have tried it once and it ends very badly. since then I really carefully think who I have been dating.

Comment

• babycakez23
        babycakez23 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did your relationship last?

• flabbybecrux
        flabbybecrux commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that the reason that your relationship ended? Or ended because other things?

• Gotchya
        Gotchya commented
        Editing a comment
        babycakez23 half a year. flabbybecrux yes, this is the main reason. We are fighting all the time, it was so stressful and he got more time for alcohol than me.

No, I haven't had any alcoholic exes but I know some people who are currently walking in that path.

Comment

I have one, but not with a romantic relationship. He is my friend and currently struggling with it but he's now under therapy, it takes a while before he agreed for a professional help but all of us (his circle of friends) are really glad he finally did. His main reason why he doesn't want one before was because he did not know it was already too much.

Comment

• wigeon
          wigeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Sometimes, they can't recognize the problems because they thought it was still normal not knowing they were already drowning in it.

If our answer is yes, then what are the things that you wish to know? The experience, struggles or what specifically? Trystingbish

Comment

• BeautifulAngels
          BeautifulAngels commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, she probably just want to know if we've been with a person like this cause that is what she's asking.

• skuzzvibe
          skuzzvibe commented
          Editing a comment
          Well if that's just it then my answer is yes hahaha.

Originally posted by skuzzvibe View Post
        If our answer is yes, then what are the things that you wish to know? The experience, struggles or what specifically? Trystingbish
        I agree with skuzzvibe on this one, you should have stated what else you wan't to know or as to why are you interested in this topic. If you only want to know if I've been in a relationship with someone with alcohol problem, then my answer is yes.

Comment

• flabbybecrux
          flabbybecrux commented
          Editing a comment
          I think she is interested in the experience with being in a relationship with an alcoholic.

• PearBear
          PearBear commented
          Editing a comment
          flabbybecrux if she's interested in it, then she should've precisely stated it at her post. She just ask if someone dated an alcoholic and then explained what alcoholic is, lmao.

• lovebug42
          lovebug42 commented
          Editing a comment
          PearBear I know lol. It was kinda funny because she doesn't have to explain to us the meaning because we obviously know it.

I haven't dated anyone who has problem like this yet, but who knows? maybe in the future.

Comment

• guana
          guana commented
          Editing a comment
          Are willing to date a person with this issue?

• snoogywookie
          snoogywookie commented
          Editing a comment
          Just date? then I'm fine with it. I don't see any reason why I would reject him for a date just because he's alcoholic.
      Working...
      X