Polyamory V Open Relationship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polyamory V Open Relationship

Was wondering if there is a difference between the two. And if a person asks you to be in either of those relationships, are you willing to do it or not?

From what I know is that an open relationship is more centered on having other sexual relationships. As for polyamory is being romantically involved with multiple partners at the same time

Comment

• KatVonMe
      KatVonMe commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess you've got it right.

I really can't tell in the future, but as of now, I don't have plans of trying any of them since I still prefer being in a monogamous relationship

Comment

Has somebody asked you to be in one those relationships that is why you're asking if there is a difference between the two?

Comment

• potatome
        potatome commented
        Editing a comment
        Why would you automatically assume that she was asked if she would be willing to be in that sort of relationship?

Is it just me or there's really no difference between the two?

Comment

• hamster11
        hamster11 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a difference between the two. Based on what I've read. Open relationships are more about getting sexual satisfaction from other people while polyamory is more about being in a real relationship with multiple people at the same time

That is something that I have no plans of ever trying. Not really that type who can handle multiple relationships at the same time

Comment

Since the others have already answered about the difference, I will just answer your second question. I'm more comfortable in having an open relationship rather than a polyamorous one

Comment

What's gotten into you that you're asking about polyamory all of a sudden?

Comment

Actually I'm more of a serial monogamist rather than into those two that you mentioned

Comment

I am actually interested in trying out having an open relationship although, for the most part, I still prefer monogamy.

Comment

I think that there is not much of a difference although I these kinds of relationship inappropriate.

Comment

• Bang56
                  Bang56 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why do you think they're inappropriate? You have to remember that monogamy is not for everyone

• fanghang
                  fanghang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bang56 It's because I believe that we should always stick to one partner.

I think that an open relationship is more fun since I can easily go to my side-guy if the main one is not in the mood for sex

Comment

• blizzss
                  blizzss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you been in an open relationship before that's why you're fine with it?

• dreamnow
                  dreamnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just send me a message if you're looking for a side guy

Polyamory seems to a bit scarier for me. I might end up being a sister-wife

Comment

These types of relationship are kinda fun to try but I am afraid of the consequences.

Comment

Not really sure I'm the type who's going to do those kinds of relationships

Comment

• BabySaltWicked
                      BabySaltWicked commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's okay sweetie. Being in those kind of relationships are really not for everyone and besides no one here is forcing you to try it
                  Working...
                  X