Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should you be together before talking about settling down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should you be together before talking about settling down?

I know that this sounds a lame or corny question, but was just wondering what's your opinion when it comes to marriage

I think 2-3 years is enough time to be together and know each other well. Besides you might be leaving together already if you've been together for that long

Comment

Bout a few years 4 years onwards for me, you both have to be ready and know what it's like to be with each other 24/7

Comment

• fuckashuck
        fuckashuck commented
        Editing a comment
        it can get pretty tiring being together all the time

• chipsitaly
        chipsitaly commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, so you definitely need to know if you can bear with this person's habits and whatnot

I don't think it's just about how long you are together, it's also about how well you get along and if you see this person in your future

Comment

• dandeliontoes
        dandeliontoes commented
        Editing a comment
        What's it going to take for you?

• financialcowbird
        financialcowbird commented
        Editing a comment
        xXtinaGelo So does he have to put a ring on it in order for you to settle down?

• xXtinaGelo
        xXtinaGelo commented
        Editing a comment
        not necessarily, but we need to have chemistry and connection

Hi let's be friends sweetie deal

Comment

• brooksbrioche
        brooksbrioche commented
        Editing a comment
        Who are you talking to exactly?

Uhm, long enough that you can handle each others moods

Comment

• dandeliontoes
        dandeliontoes commented
        Editing a comment
        long enough till you wanna strangle each other

• scissorssole
        scissorssole commented
        Editing a comment
        i think that's the time to call it quits if you think about strangling each other 24/7

A good indicator for me that you and your partner can settle down already is when the both of you have spent a couple of vacations together. Since you've spent a huge amount of time together and see what the other person is like in her/his room

Comment

It's probably after 3 years of living on the same roof.

Comment

Originally posted by morningglory View Post
          It's probably after 3 years of living on the same roof.
          Same amount of time or less than if we have tolerated each other earlier than that lol

Comment

• snoogywookie
            snoogywookie commented
            Editing a comment
            I love the way you mentioned tolerated each other. It seems that you're a person who has a bit of an OCD

• skuzzvibe
            skuzzvibe commented
            Editing a comment
            do i sound like one? i just wanna make sure

Long enough that the both of you are comfortable enough that you either pee or poop while the bathroom door is open and just laugh it off when the other person has a really nasty fart

Comment

• wigeon
            wigeon commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing that you've already lived with someone before?

• lovebug42
            lovebug42 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes i have moved in with an ex before

There are some couples who talks about marriage in the early stage of their dating relationship. I personally think that being together for a long time is not the main factor here, as long as you have that strong connection all will work well. And why would you guys even prolong the agony, don't be stuck in dating, it sucks.

Comment

• brooksbrioche
            brooksbrioche commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe the reason why they don't get married immediately is because they think it would be all downhill when they finally get married

• furphyobserved
            furphyobserved commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess so but they should figure that out whist dating. It's a pre-marriage thing for both of them to know if they are ready to get there.

I proposed 3rd date after meeting online. Umm.... I still don’t have opinion been married almost 9 years And I feel like she changed I still the same person I was. I think a lot of it is being an adult and sucking it up no body perfect. It’s not about you but being there for the other person.

Comment

• JustaGuy99
            JustaGuy99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great story bro, I think the decision on when to settle down depends on a person's principles.

Once the man has all the money to keep you both alive and happy. Just an opinion though, no pressure.

Comment

But what do I know might be divorced by end of year and not my choice so what do I know... don’t listen to me. I not perfect.

Comment

Working...
            X