Interracial relationships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interracial relationships

While most of us would go for same race relationships, few others would settle to have a separate way and take a path that is different from what most of us would do. I am talking about having a relationship with someone other than your similar race.

There are white men who marry the non-whites. That is, some are married to Asians while there are also few to blacks, Hispanics and to others.

Any thoughts on this one?

Well, it is their choice. They want to have a variety so let them be. But then I had read that mixed raced children experience some form of discrimination. They lament that they are not fully accepted by family sides of the parents due to their non-purity of race. Of course, discrimination is not allowed but even if it is not shown directly, they could feel that that there is something - the non-acceptance as a pure one.

Comment

• hamster11
      hamster11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, are those kinds of discrimination really happen? I feel really sad for the kid. Even for a young age, they would certainly feel that kind lament because of discrimination.

• stevemcdream
      stevemcdream commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm concerned about how it might affect the children. They'll grow up holding onto that lament that was caused by their own family. It's not how an ideal family is supposed to be, they should've invested more about the child's well-being, and not about his/her race and/or ethnicity.

• heartheart
      heartheart commented
      Editing a comment
      hamster11 Yes there are cases of it and they certainly grief but some are not, it depends on the family situation

Maybe those people simple want to be different. Or how about they really fell in love with their partners? They say that love moves in mysterious ways.

Comment

• flabbybecrux
      flabbybecrux commented
      Editing a comment
      So, mitchyLL have you ever been on interracial relationships before? If yes, how did it go between both of you? If not, why don't you try at least once in your life?

• financialcowbird
      financialcowbird commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes, I think that it would be nice to try but I am wary of the cultural and language barriers.

• Teamnessa
      Teamnessa commented
      Editing a comment
      financialcowbird You are right. Not only you who would have to adjust but the whole family of both sides. There are two cultures that must be reconciled with each other.

I don't have any problems with dating people who are from a different race. What's important is that both parties really love each other

Comment

• AlivePerfect
      AlivePerfect commented
      Editing a comment
      There could be love for some couples but I do not think that most of the relationship are because of love. Maybe, there could be other reasons behind it.

• FieryCloudz25
      FieryCloudz25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bang56 I agree. Language is really a barrier. How I wish that all people spoke only one common language. Whatever that language be.

• Bang56
      Bang56 commented
      Editing a comment
      FieryCloudz25 Nah if you want to learn their language even the basic one then you should do it, can't imagine a world with only one common language, that's what make each race unique they have their own language, culture, customs and traditions

I don't think that we shouldn't be concerned about a person's race at this day and age. If the two of them are in love, we should just let them be whatever their race

Comment

• Caila99
      Caila99 commented
      Editing a comment
      In love with each other? That could be a reason. But did you know that there are many Asian women who want white men in order for them to be uplifted from their current living conditions?

• karsha78
      karsha78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Caila99 are you trying to say that those Asian women that you're talking about don't love the men that they're with?

• stickyyhen
      stickyyhen commented
      Editing a comment
      karsha78 Have you known the current situation in Vietnam where the men there are already complaining that there are no girls left for them as all those girls wanted to have white men to marry them?

Originally posted by innocentgirl View Post
    There are white men who marry the non-whites. That is, some are married to Asians while there are also few to blacks, Hispanics and to others. Any thoughts on this one?
    It wouldn't be bad to have interracial relationships. I can go with different kinds of dates even if they're of different races and/or ethnicity. I'm quite jealous of how my aunt married a Spanish dude. I can see that they're just enjoying each other's company and they can handle their relationship very well. So here I am asking myself, when will I ever meet my other half?

Comment

• imperfectme
      imperfectme commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, interracial relationship is not that common in some cultures who value purity but the numbers of interracial relationships are increasing.

• sunnyscenster
      sunnyscenster commented
      Editing a comment
      imperfectme The number of interracial relationships is increasing because we value unity nowadays, like how we value the LGBTQ+ community. The world would be a better place to live in if we care less about each others' race, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, etc. and just care about embracing each others' diversity instead.

If they like and love each other then they should do it. No one is preventing them from doing what they want to have in life.

Comment

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! Love means no boundaries, so if you ever meet your soulmate even if she/he is born a different race or ethnicity, then you should accept them as they are. It may not be simple, but at least you two can work things out to make a relationship work well.

There's nothing wrong about being in an interracial relationship with someone, I'd consider myself being in one.

Comment

• guana
      guana commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that the other person knows that she's in a relationship with you? lol

Why is this an issues for you at this day and age? If I were you, if you're not comfortable in dating someone who's from a different race, then go ahead and don't date them

Comment

• dreamnow
      dreamnow commented
      Editing a comment
      The only issue would be the family or anyone who interferes with the relationship that both of you have. So, have you already been in several interracial relationships before, veggieperker?

• veggieperker
      veggieperker commented
      Editing a comment
      veggieperker Yes Iv'e dated several different races before. Iv'e been with a Moroccan girl and understanding each culture and beliefs is what I love about it
      Last edited by veggieperker; 10-13-2019, 07:48 AM.
Working...
X