The end of being FWB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of being FWB

So, you have this one friend that you have known for quite some time and both of you decided to level up your relationship. Now, the two of you are labeled as friends with benefits. How long do you plan to have it together? When is the right time to stop it?

I guess your FWB situation should stop if one of you developed some romantic feelings. It won't end well if you continued being FWB while one of you is silently in love with the other one.

Comment

• smokinghot66
      smokinghot66 commented
      Editing a comment
      So, how does it EXACTLY end? I mean, do they even end up together or do they usually end up with different partners? Such a sad ending for them both.

• perfectionist
      perfectionist commented
      Editing a comment
      smokinghot66 The end of being FWB would be done if the reason might be that either of them has found love or had no longer enjoy the feeling of being FWB.

Being FWB is not a hard task so I think you can continue doing it for as long as you want. But make sure that the situation is alright with the both of you, the decision to continue must be mutual.

Comment

• ingotjubilant
      ingotjubilant commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they could continue doing it as long as they want. There is no problem with that but until when? Until they get too old?

• cheater
      cheater commented
      Editing a comment
      But what if one day, one of them falls in love with somebody else, will that be the end of their FWB story? Or will they continue to hookup even if one of them is already taken? Nobody knows exactly.

If it were me, that situation will only last for a short time. I guess I'll realize that we are better off as just friends.

Comment

• nipples
      nipples commented
      Editing a comment
      How short would that gonna be? About three months only?

• karsha78
      karsha78 commented
      Editing a comment
      alottavagina I guess I'll have to do the same thing too. We can be friends with benefits for months or a year, but I hope that we'd still find someone to be in a serious relationship with. Although I can consider that if all this time, it's always been him, then it would be better.

• strongwilled
      strongwilled commented
      Editing a comment
      Would it be awkward that from friends to friends with benefits, you would downgrade your relationship to friends again?

The FWB relationship should end by the time when one of you would already have a boyfriend or girlfriend. That would be the right time and the best time to end it.

Comment

• pms60
      pms60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or maybe if one of them started to be attracted to other people? So that their attention will just be focused into that certain person that they are attracted to.

• shizzlygizzly
      shizzlygizzly commented
      Editing a comment
      pms60 Yeah. You are right. When they see someone who they like, then they could suspend having FWB and then focus on that person whom they like the most.

Now is the right time to stop. You shouldn't risk your friendship just because both of you want sex.

Comment

• skuzzvibe
      skuzzvibe commented
      Editing a comment
      Why stop if the sex is good anyway? I bet that you'll get addicted to your friend and he's twice as good as those guys you've been fucking with.

• BabyPie
      BabyPie commented
      Editing a comment
      Now? But that is FWB so I think you could have it until it ends. I do not think that the friendship would be risked by having sex. You are still friends, after all.

As long as I still enjoy it. It's hard to find someone who you can be friends with and enjoy having sex with at the same time. Surely if it were me, I won't let go of that.

Comment

• clssc
      clssc commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yeah. Very good argument over there. I guess that you are right. Why end something that makes us happy, right?

• allaboutlove
      allaboutlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotchya, you're absolutely right! I don't think that a great FWB setup with someone can be that easy to let go of. In fact, there will never be an end, soon after you two might end up in a serious relationship.

I think I'll give that kind of relationship a trial for one month. If all is going well within that one month then I guess I'll continue it until 3 months. Then that's it. I don't really see a future in an FWB situation.

Comment

• Caila99
      Caila99 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's fine if you're going to give it a try, you should also be careful with your feelings unless you're sure of him that he's going to fall for you too. Sometimes FWB is the start of a serious relationship, but it still depends.

• boringyou
      boringyou commented
      Editing a comment
      routinetine There's nothing wrong with trying, right? So go ahead and experience it for yourself and see if it's good or bad for you. If you're not happy with it then tell him that it's the end for both of you because you're no longer interested. It's simple as that!

It should end when you do not feel any satisfaction anymore. There would come a time that the satisfaction would no longer be present. So before that time comes, you should end it already. It would be good if you would remain to be good friends after end of that FWB relationship.

Comment

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, an FWB must end if you two no longer feel the excitement. Maybe you two might find other people that you'll be more compatible with.

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      But if that's the case, wouldn't it be offensive to both parties? If one of them says that he/she is not satisfied anymore, he/she will surely hurt the feelings of the other person. Which most likely leads to friendship over. I suggest that you shouldn't involve yourself in an FWB relationship.

If he's really good in bed, I can get that relationship going for about a year, I guess? And the right time to stop is when I am not satisfied anymore.

Comment

• LessSalt
      LessSalt commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, that's okay, at least you've get to taste him right? LOL! Well, I've never got to have FWB relationships with any of my closest guy friends.

• tolerable
      tolerable commented
      Editing a comment
      There's nothing wrong with having FWB, but I don't know exactly when or how things will end for both of us. I currently have an FWB relationship with my close guy friend and we don't have any plans for ending this.

• issues98
      issues98 commented
      Editing a comment
      So what I'm thinking is that you are going to use him as your boy toy or sex toy who you can use for sex only and nothing else. Wherein if you don't want him anymore, you'll easily throw him? How rude.

If I experience that situation, I will stop if and only if I find someone to love sincerely. I can't keep on flirting and hooking up with my friend if I am already in a relationship, right?

Comment

• dreamnow
      dreamnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. You won't even try cheating with your friend if you already love someone, right? Because if you picked being in an FWB situation with your friend rather than being faithful to that certain someone, I believe that what you're feeling is not love.

• TastySanta
      TastySanta commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you are a man of your words, you shouldn't go out looking for hookups or FWBs if you're already in a serious relationship there. Sure, you can be friends with your FWBs but it only stays that way, nothing more.

To be honest, I don't plan to stop. FWB situation is convenient and less hassle for me. Since we're friends, he already knows what I want and what I don't so I am sure that we will get along well together.

Comment

• Jane12
      Jane12 commented
      Editing a comment
      ME too, I can't imagine losing connection with my one and only FWB, he's a really nice guy. I think we'll be like this even if we're already married, kinda fucked up right?

• babycakez23
      babycakez23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jane12 Whoa, really? You two have it all planned all along. Well, why don't you two just get in a serious relationship already?

• d1ckhandl3r
      d1ckhandl3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Jane12 What? Continuing it even if he had been married? That is already a no for me. When a man gets married, the FWB relationship would already end and would back to being just mere friends.

I'll be in that situation as long as no one else knows about it aside from the two of us. I don't like our other friends to know that we're banging each other.

Comment

• Nica55
      Nica55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Being FWB with someone can be out or discreet but if you're a private type of person then it's better to keep it on the low. I'm afraid that some of our friends might know and it will not end well too. What if one of them likes one of us? They might ruin this thing for us both.

• blizzss
      blizzss commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, why would you let other people know about your FWB situation with your guy friend? OR why stop there? I think you two should be together, why not turn this whole thing into a serious relationship?

I will stop it the moment that we encounter some drama because of our situation. I agreed with that situation with him in order for me to relax, so if I become stressed about anything even a simple thing, I'll absolutely call it off.

Comment

• dreamsbaby2
      dreamsbaby2 commented
      Editing a comment
      What sort of drama? Is it about meeting someone new? Well, it's best to stop an FWB if you've finally met someone and realize that they're your perfect match.

• newkidda
      newkidda commented
      Editing a comment
      Drama like someone catching feelings? Because I totally agree! I wouldn't want to put myself in a complicated position wherein I have to lose a friend because of some intimate feelings.
Working...
X