Immediate proposal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate proposal

So, you have a boyfriend for a few months already. One day, he proposed for a marriage. Of course, you were taken aback as it was not in your plan to just settle down immediately. You want to enjoy your life first. Besides, you are not so sure if he would be the true destiny as the man of your life. What would you do next?

I would be shocked. I would not know what to do next. I am sure that I won't have the courage to state that I do not like to get married yet.

Comment

• perfectionist
      perfectionist commented
      Editing a comment
      But you could state that one to check if he really loves you. If he does love you, then he would and could wait for a while.

• clssc
      clssc commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, you could state to him directly that you are not yet ready. He is entitled to know the truth.

• innocentgirl
      innocentgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that it would be best to tell the truth that you are not yet ready. If he loves you, then he would be able to understand your situation?

Well, if I am not sure of him, then I would have to say that we should postpone his idea. We could stay as lovers in the meanwhile. If we are meant to be, we would get married when the right time comes.

Comment

• routinetine
      routinetine commented
      Editing a comment
      FieryCloudz25 Nope. He proposed for a marriage, and he wanted it to be done at the soonest.

• potatome
      potatome commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, yeah, it looks like it is called a destiny. Is destiny even real?

• wigeon
      wigeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Then, how are you going to postpone it? And how long are you gonna postpone it?

So, what was his reason why he wanted to get married at the soonest? Why was he in a hurry?

Comment

• hamster11
      hamster11 commented
      Editing a comment
      He must be afraid of losing you that is why he is planning to tie a knot with you already but it's your choice if you'd accept his proposal or not LoveHoney.

• Trystingbish
      Trystingbish commented
      Editing a comment
      That is actually a good question. It is dubious that someone wants to get married hurriedly.

• percymercy
      percymercy commented
      Editing a comment
      pms60 If you are truly meant for each other, no amount of time would make you apart.

That means that the man loves you. So, why not accept his proposal? It is not every day that someone would want to marry you. So, what are you waiting for?

Comment

• BabySaltWicked
      BabySaltWicked commented
      Editing a comment
      I will wait for nothing. This man loves me and is sure of me so I will accept his proposal immediately. I just wish that this man is already the one for me, I'm not in a rush but I just feel like this could be it.

• wittyou
      wittyou commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is a sign that he loves you. If he does not love you, then why would he propose a marriage?

I would accept the marriage proposal, but I would set the time like 3 or 4 years from now. Lol. Hello, I must make sure that our current relationship should last up to that time.

Comment

• mitchyLL
      mitchyLL commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not think that he would be able to wait for that long. As you could see from it, he already wanted it done as the soonest time.

• backrubsss
      backrubsss commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, if both couple are meant for each other, no amount of time could separate them. Even after 10 years, if they are destined ones, then they would still be together.

Since I was no sure if he is a real man of my life, I guess that I should let him go. It is not good that we have a relationship, yet at the back of my mind, there is a doubt if he is already the love of my life. It is simply not fair for him.

Comment

• chipsitaly
      chipsitaly commented
      Editing a comment
      Let him go after proposing? That will be heartbreaking for him but it would not be fair too if you'd let him stay even if you do not love him that much and you know that the whole time.

• heartheart
      heartheart commented
      Editing a comment
      but do not let him go just yet, give him some time and soon you'll figure things out if he really is the one for you. Just don't let him go that easily, he's rare of his kind to be considered.

I would accept the proposal even if there is no certainty that he would be my lifetime partner. Why? Because he is already my boyfriend. After marriage, I would be able to know if I made the right decision in accepting his proposal.

Comment

• dreamsbaby2
      dreamsbaby2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that is so sweet of you guana. I hope you have made the best decision because you've accepted his proposal already and all will go well for both of you. I can feel it!

• monsterjunk
      monsterjunk commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww that is really sweet! I would definitely accept the proposal as well since I am sure of him but for now, he knows that I am not ready so he should hold on to that proposal and would have to propose tome again soon.

So, I need to know first why suddenly he wanted to get married. Is he running after the time or is there something else? I guess that I could accept that he wanted to have even if there is uncertainly at the back of my mind.

Comment

• blizzss
      blizzss commented
      Editing a comment
      If you feel uncertain then tell him that now is not the right time for him to propose to you, it would be best that you two should talk about this privately.

But why was he in a hurry to get married? I do not want to get married yet. Marriage is not something that is on my mind yet. I still have many things to do than to just get married.

Comment

• snoogywookie
      snoogywookie commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep him hanging if he cannot accept or does not believe that you're not ready to settle down with him. But if he can wait then we're cool, he will definitely understand that maybe now is not the right time for that but thank you.

• heartlistener
      heartlistener commented
      Editing a comment
      Marriage shouldn't be rushed and if he does love me, then he should know in the first place that I'm not yet ready for this kind of commitment, he should give me some time. Right?

He could propose to me, but that would remain to be a proposal. Accepting a proposal is different from taking the actual marriage itself.

Comment

• Readeronic
      Readeronic commented
      Editing a comment
      That's actually very clever, I would take that one too. Accept the proposal but he has to make sure that he will propose to you again once you're finally ready then everything else will run smoothly. Ah, such a great wedding for me to look forward to!

• boringyou
      boringyou commented
      Editing a comment
      But why would you say yes if you do not have any intention of marrying him? I think that is just purely non-sense. You should have just declined his proposal if you know in yourself that you are not yet ready.

I will tell him the truth about what I really think. I will decline his proposal and tell him that I am not ready for that kind of commitment. If he still wants to be with me after that, then good. But if not, then I guess I will just need to accept that and move on.

Comment

• surfjock
      surfjock commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the best thing that you can do. If the guy refuses to be with you after declining his proposal, then I suggest that you forget about him and enjoy your single life. As you said, you are not planning to settle down immediately anyway.

• listlisa
      listlisa commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with your plan, that's what I will do as well. If he really loves you, he will understand and accept your decision but if he left you after you declined, then I guess his love for you is not that strong.

If a guy proposes to a girl even if they have been together for only a short time, that means that the guy is really serious about their relationship. So if I were you girls, I would say yes immediately besides, you can enjoy your life while you are married to him, right?

Comment

• KatVonMe
      KatVonMe commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yes I would love to. In fact, he might even change my mind and would accept him immediately. Okay, I wasn't ready then but when I saw that ring from his hand with one bended knee, my cold heart just melt. I immediately said I do.

• loss77
      loss77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I absolutely agree, flabbybecrux! Love is not measured through the span of the relationship. If my partner proposed to me and I can see his sincerity, I would say yes instantly.

I will politely decline and I will tell him that it is too soon for us to be in that kind of relationship. I will encourage him to find other girls especially if I think that he is not the man of my life.

Comment

• TassetTasty
      TassetTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, that will definitely hurt and would go straight through his heart if you'd rejected his proposal. Poor man, but I cannot blame either of you, it's just that everything is wrong timing.

• Jane12
      Jane12 commented
      Editing a comment
      What a depressing way to end your relationship. But you can't force yourself into something that you are not ready for. So I guess your decision is just right. Also, if I experience that, I will tell him that some other girl deserves him better than I do.
Working...
X